*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1041303-Prousting-About-Again
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Book · Comedy · #2286083
Long, long ago, in a Newsfeed....
#1041303 added December 3, 2022 at 12:27pm
Restrictions: None
Prousting About Again
"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a WDC Member in possession of a good portfolio, must be in want of Gift Points and a Merit Badge or two."

Cynthia Darjeeling inclined her head in tacit but unspoken agreement, having long ago learned that to contradict her sister Mary often led to a bare knuckle brawl in a local hostelry.

"and furthermore," Mary, it could never be said, was economical in the dispersal of her opinion.

"Don't interrupt me when I'm speaking please." She sharply admonished the narrator.

"and furthermore." She paused and looked aggrieved. "Oh darn it, now I've lost the thread of what I was about to say."

"Perhaps it was my turn to speak?" Said Gorkha, Mary's youngest sister, who was annoyingly wayward and pert.

"Well, I hardly think that likely," Mary admonished, "since all you ever have to say is."

"I don't think Captain Galbraith is at all dashing." Interrupted Gorkha, "And I can speak my own lines thank you Mary."

Mary fumed.

Her mother sighed heavily and opened the flue.

Cynthia took the opportunity to take a madeleine cake. Biting into it she remembered when as a small boy she had gone hunting for Time, and come back, disappointed, with only a brace of inconsequential allegories to show for the day's efforts.

"Cynthia." Snapped Mary, "Are you Prousting about again?"

"Sorry Mary." Said Cynthia meekly.

Eleanor, who till now had remained admirably silent, said nothing.

Mary glared at the narrator.

"Isn't it about time I remembered what I was going to say?" She hissed.

"I've just remembered," said Mary, casting an 'I'll talk to you later' glance at the narrator, "this is all about The Whatever Contest."

"Oh yes." Cynthia agreed, then added, "He's putting words in my mouth."

Gorkha gave Cynthia a 'Don't go there' look, then asked,

"Should I name drop Schnujo do you think."

"Yes." They all chorused. "Then we can wrap this up."
© Copyright 2022 Adherennium Dr of Phoolishness (UN: adherennium at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Adherennium Dr of Phoolishness has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1041303-Prousting-About-Again