*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1041327-Neighbourhood-Watch
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Book · Comedy · #2286083
Long, long ago, in a Newsfeed....
#1041327 added December 3, 2022 at 1:12pm
Restrictions: None
Neighbourhood Watch
"Whatever is he up to now?" Asked Maud, hearing Alice tut-tutting under her breath.

Alice turned, pulling the high powered binoculars, with night vision and optional GPS targetting from her eyes. She took her roles as founder and leading light of the local Neighbourhood Watch scheme extremely seriously. She was, it is fair to say, getting increasingly concerned about the gentleman? across the street.

"He's giving Merit Badges away again."

"Again? The man's insatiable, he always seems to be at it."

"Mmm!" Said Alice, then in unison they exclaimed

"Disgusting."

"Why is he at it this time, is it The Whatever Contest again, surely that's nearly over isn't it?" asked Maud.

"I believe there are only a few days left, and it runs till Thursday." Alice sneered, "But then he's decided to run his own contest."

"Eeeh! He never has?"

"He is. The Sound & Vision Contest if you like, bold as brass he is."

"And is that what today's merit badge give away is about?"

"Ooh no Maud, this is much muckier. This is something called the MB500 Club."

"Oh Goodness, is that like the Mile High Club?"

"Something like that Maud, says he wants to give away 500 Merit Badges this year."

They looked at one another.

"Insatiable!" They chorused.

"Did I ever tell you about when I joined the Mile High Club Alice?"

....

© Copyright 2022 Adherennium Dr of Phoolishness (UN: adherennium at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Adherennium Dr of Phoolishness has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1041327-Neighbourhood-Watch