*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1041348-The-Spiritual-Challenge-for-December-2022--finished
Rated: 13+ · Book · Writing · #2278909
Just things that I think about now and then.
#1041348 added December 3, 2022 at 8:27pm
Restrictions: None
The Spiritual Challenge for December 2022- finished
Month: December 2022: 48-52


Week 48: Become A Servant: Matthew 25:35&36

When you're stuck feeling ungrateful, it's helpful to shift your focus to others' needs. It's even better to get involved and do what you can to meet those needs. You will change how you see your life and gifts. Better still, you will be a gift to another.

2 Challenges:


Challenge 1. How does serving others change the way you see your life, gifts, losses, and problems?

I find that I am gratified by getting the focus off of myself, and being able to help others. There are so many people who are worse off than I am; even when I was really sick this summer. It is a good thing to focus on others, and to try to be a help to them.


Challenge 2. Who in your life can you serve this week? Here are some ideas: Send a card, make a phone call, plan a visit, or help with a chore.

I try to keep up with laundry and dishes and cooking for the kids so that they don't have to worry about it. They've done so much for me, that it is the least I can do to help. I also enjoy writing encouraging reviews for people on Writing.Com. I like reading and I also enjoy helping others by giving them an uplifting word, if I am able to do so.


Week 49: Go Back To The Basics: Revelation 3:3

Focus on the sure things, the gifts that will never go away. You always have reasons to give thanks.

2 Challenges:


Challenge 1. What sure things can you be grateful for, no matter what?
I am grateful for my family. I am grateful for my improving health, and I am grateful that God has allowed me to still be here. It wasn't so cut and dried back in July. His grace abounds to me. I'm glad I am able to give Him praise for it.



Challenge 2. Read and write out Hebrews 1:8. Tell how this truth brings you peace and makes you grateful?

But about the Son he says, “Your throne, O God, will last for ever and ever; a scepter of justice will be the scepter of your kingdom. (NIV)

I am grateful that this world is not my final home, and that I have a wonderful home to look forward to.


Week 50: Offer A Sacrifice: Hebrews 13:15&16

Always having a reason to give thanks doesn't mean giving thanks is always easy. It's a pledge we make even when we don't feel it because we know, no matter how we feel, God is worthy of our praise.

3 Challenges:


Challenge 1. What do you think it means to offer a sacrifice of thanksgiving to God?

Just that - a sacrifice is something that we give up in order to receive His blessing; whether it be an animal as in the old times, or praise that we don't "feel". Obedience is always rewarded. Even if it doesn't "feel like it".


Challenge 2. Have you ever made a sacrifice of thanksgiving to God? Are you in a season where it would be a sacrifice to praise and thank God now?

I don't feel like it is a sacrifice at the moment. I've had times where I've had to "push" on through, and had to trust God that the "feelings" would come in time. But right now, I am so grateful to God for His goodness to me, that it isn't a sacrifice at all *BigSmile*




Challenge 3. Write a prayer of thanksgiving.

Dear Father, you are so wonderful to me. I thank you for your mercy and grace; I thank you for your long-suffering, and that your will is that none should perish. I pray that your will be worked out in my kids' lives and in my mom and dad's lives and that of my sisters. Thank you so much for your love.



Week 51: Begin With Gratitude: Colossians 3:17{/c}

Gratitude takes root and grows fruit when you set your mind on it and return to it day by day. Begin your days, prayers, and or conversations with gratitude. Just keep gratitude in the forefront of your mind.

2 Challenges:


Challenge 1. What would it look like to begin your days with prayers, or conversations with gratitude? Which seems the most doable to you?

It wouldn't be that hard, as I don't work at the moment. It is just a case of getting into the habit of prayer and conversation first thing in the morning. I guess I need to start setting an alarm. LOL


Challenge 2. Why do you think giving thanks "in all you do" makes God happy?

I think that it is a case of obedience. God is always pleased with obedience. It is also about attitude and how you look at things.



Week 52: End With Gratitude: Colossians 2:6&7

Plant your roots and build them up by letting gratitude become not only the way you begin but the way you end your day too.

2 Challenges:


Challenge 1. What might it look like to close out your days, prayers, or conversations with gratitude? Which seems the most doable to you?

Perhaps turning the screens off a bit earlier and focusing on God, and giving thanks for the day. Again, it would be a case of making a new habit in order to do this. It may be beneficial as well, as being on a "screen" up til bedtime isn't good for a restful sleep.


Challenge 2. Why do you think it's important to remember God is always worthy of thanks?

LOL...because He is. He is the reason that we are here, and able to give thanks to Him. I've wasted a lot of time just taking God for granted. I don't recommend getting to death's door in order to "wake up" to his grace.




signature updated by lili_in_fl



© Copyright 2022 AmyJo- only 2 steps behind - (UN: ajar0627 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
AmyJo- only 2 steps behind - has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1041348-The-Spiritual-Challenge-for-December-2022--finished