*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1041466-Stolen-Kiss
Rated: ASR · Book · Contest · #2268413
A place to keep my entries for various contests and challenges
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#1041466 added December 6, 2022 at 5:37pm
Restrictions: None
Stolen Kiss
Word count = 296 (This monologue is strictly fiction)

My wife and I were having problems. Part of it was work, I was away more than home. Even so, it provided me time to reflect and get a break, so when my sister-in-law, Stacie, came to visit I thought it would do the same for Brenda.

It did, Brenda was happier than she'd been in a long time. They had plenty of time to visit, reminisce, shop, and go sightseeing. Everything was pleasant; life was good until Stacie asked to see the Black Hills. Brenda didn’t like riding on mountain roads, there was no way she was going to drive them. Stacie offered to, but Brenda didn’t trust her and refused to go.

Unfamiliar with the area and not knowing where anything was, Stacie asked if I would drive. I had the weekend off, so I agreed. But, this, made Brenda jealous, she was in my face snapping about how fast I did things for Stacie, but not her.

This wasn’t true. I tried explaining, but the more I talked, the angrier she became. No more was said until Saturday when it was time to go. Brenda refused! I thought about canceling, but before I could I saw tears in Stacie’s eyes and didn’t have the heart to.

We drove places I knew she would enjoy including a scenic route through The Needles. We stopped at a remote overlook and spent a wonderful afternoon talking and hiking. Soon, the sun was nearing the horizon, it was time to leave. Taking one last look at the scenery, I saw an eagle overhead and pointed. She watched for a moment, then faced me smiling. Suddenly her arms were around me and her lips joined with mine.

The first kiss was stolen, but the rest were freely given.

© Copyright 2022 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1041466-Stolen-Kiss