*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1041617-Humans-branching-out-with-wildlife-knowledge
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#1041617 added December 9, 2022 at 11:18am
Restrictions: None
Humans branching out with wildlife knowledge
owl for signature use

I'm reading "Fuzz" by Mary Roach. It's about learning to live with wildlife that take advantage of human environment by eating our garbage and sleeping under out porches.

We have deer that raid the bird feeders and bed down in the hay fields. They really like to graze on the mowed areas near the house.

Over the last several years squirrels have been a problem since they like to store their winter nuts in our attic and prefer the attic to a tree nest in winter.

The book I am reading is telling how different cities are having to store their garbage in special containers. These are containers that are bear proof. I was not aware that black bears are especially good at entering houses and raiding food shelves and refrigerators.

There is also graphic knowledge about how cougars and other wild cats bite to kill or how a bear attack will be carried out on a human body.

Interesting to know that black bears usually do not attack unless given a reason by a human. The first several chapters, that I have finished had some grewsome knowledge, about attacks; nevertheless, good to know. We have more black bears in the area now, than 40 years ago.

Have a good day.

© Copyright 2022 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1041617-Humans-branching-out-with-wildlife-knowledge