*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1041887-Revisited-The-Only-Certainty-is-Uncertainty
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1196512
Not for the faint of art.
#1041887 added December 18, 2022 at 12:02am
Restrictions: None
Revisited: "The Only Certainty is Uncertainty"
It's retro time again. Today we're going all the way back to... the beginning of 2021, with "The Only Certainty is Uncertainty

I probably wouldn't have bothered doing a New Year "looking forward" entry if it weren't a prompt from 30DBC. Or maybe I would have; I don't know. I guess that's part of the "uncertainty" thing.

One thing I hope I will not do: repeat my 2020 "blogging every day" achievement. Because if I do that, it would mean I will have been stuck at home all year again, rather than traveling like I want to.

Well, we know how that turned out: I did manage to travel, albeit only within the US, and I also did a daily blog entry.

Also, the main trip I want to take is to Europe, and last I heard there were still travel restrictions there.

I think those have all been lifted now, but there's still a war going on and no reason to think it won't spill over into NATO and the EU.

On last year's New Year's Day entry, I wrote: "I have some plans, but life has a way of interfering with them." Prescience? Nah, pessimism.

Okay, maybe a little bit of prescience.

A few things, besides travel, that I would like to do this year (meaning 2021)

see movies in the theater

Did that; even reviewed most of 'em.

drink

Definitely did that, although I disappointed myself because I didn't drink as much beer in 21 as I did in 20. My Untapped stats came in for this year a couple of days ago, and I still haven't returned to 2020 levels. So at least I have a goal for 2023.

do the biweekly Zoom meetings for WDC folks

Managed to do that through the end of 2021, but we let it go after that.

listen to music

Yes, but not as much as I would have liked. i mostly do that in the car, and after early July, I no longer had a car.

play computer games

I always seem to manage that, somehow.

blog

As you know.

learn more French and maybe Dutch

Tried Dutch. Found it harder than French. Will try again now that I've gone through all the French lessons.

continue doing Comedy and Fantasy newsletters monthly

Been doing those for 15 years, or thereabouts. No plans to quit soon, though sometimes thinking of a topic is difficult. Even harder to come up with topics I haven't done before.

and attempt to be funny

At that, I was successful. The attempt, that is. Whether I was actually funny or not continues to be a matter of opinion.

So that was my mindset nearly two years ago. We're coming up again on the time of reflection and prediction, all based on the entirely arbitrary changing of the calendar. Will I, again, fall victim to the New Year zeitgeist?

Uncertain.

© Copyright 2022 Robert Waltz (UN: cathartes02 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Robert Waltz has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1041887-Revisited-The-Only-Certainty-is-Uncertainty