*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1041917-First-Black-Snowman
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Book · Dark · #2286979
for daily flash fiction contests
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#1041917 added December 19, 2022 at 12:42am
Restrictions: None
First Black Snowman
{font: times}

First Black Snowman


         Sam Adams as a child was fascinated by snowmen. He grew up in a small town in Oregon, Chenault, known throughout the state as the Snowbelt of Oregon because for some reason it got more snow than any other city in Oregon or for that matter the entire Pacific Northwest. The town was located just northwest of Crater Lake along the Crater Lake Highway, halfway between Bend, and Medford.

         The town had only 25,000 permanent residents. It did not have much industry left with the collapse of the lumber mills and had fallen on hard times. There was some winter tourism but, it was a bit far from the ski resorts but was famous as a snowmobile destination

         Sam and his buddies as soon as the first snow fell hit would grab their snowmobiles and head out to the woods and build snowmen armies and stage snowmen fights, filming the fights for later use.

         One day, Sam had a brilliant idea. He would make a black snowman in honor of his best friend, Jake Lee, the only black kid in his school. Chenault was mostly white.

         Sam and Jake went to their father’s store and bought up chocolate ice cream, chocolate bits, and chocolate sauce and went to the woods with their friends and built the first black snowman anyone had ever seen. Made with ice, snow, chocolate ice cream and chocolate sauce. They took pictures and Jake’s father who was the local newspaper editor wrote a story about the first black snowman. The snowman lasted the winter and on the last day of the winter season, Sam, Jake, and his friends killed the black Snowman and had chocolate ice cream sundaes to honor his memory.


© Copyright 2022 JCosmos (UN: jcosmos at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
JCosmos has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1041917-First-Black-Snowman