*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1041981
Rated: 13+ · Book · Supernatural · #2128959
So many things had a tendency to linger. For 14 Days, 7 Prompts, 1 Story Contest. Dec 2022
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#1041981 added December 20, 2022 at 8:45pm
Restrictions: None
Chapter 1: Dark Chocolate
The apartment was cold. The sun was shining high and the forecast predicted a scorcher, but there was a constant chill filling the atmosphere. Marlow was sure she could see her breath in the air.

Like most days, she didn't let it get to her. The kitchen was usually hot from the oven or the stove. She could make do.

Besides, the cold was a distraction. Anything was better than the faints sounds of packing coming from the other room.

The door to the bedroom closed.

Marlow didn't turn around as she allowed the rhythmic crunch of her blade slicing through two blocks of dark chocolate fill her ears. The double broiler bubbled to her right as she prepared to make a ganache. If she didn't look, then maybe it wasn't real.

A single key could be heard dropping into the dish near the doorway. Then the soft click as the door shut to her apartment. To her heart.

"You should go after her."

Marlow stilled her knife. Cold silence filled the apartment as she turned to stare the earnest, half-burned face of her dead best friend.

"No, I really shouldn't."







Word Count: 191
Prompt One: "First prompt"   - Tags and Audible
For "14 Days, 7 Prompts, 1 Story Contest
© Copyright 2022 LdyPhoenix (UN: ldyphoenix at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
LdyPhoenix has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1041981