*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1042395-Welcome-to-My-Reality-Jan-2023---35-Done
Rated: 13+ · Book · Writing · #2278909
Just things that I think about now and then.
#1042395 added January 15, 2023 at 9:55am
Restrictions: None
Welcome to My Reality Jan 2023 - 35 Done!!!
These prompts for for:

FORUM
Welcome To My Reality Forum  (E)
Prompts to help you blog about real life and more...
#1967461 by Sunny


5. Complain: Write about your complaints about something

I guess I could complain, but what would be the point of it? Some of my complaints are just the results of self-inflicted foolishness; and those that weren't were out of my control. So I guess it comes down to just fixing what I can, and rely on God's grace and mercy for the things I cannot fix.


7. What ‘Urban Legends’ Are There About Places in Your Area?

I actually had to look this up, and found a couple of interesting articles:

http://www.texasescapes.com/MikeCoxTexasTales/Lubbock-Ghost-Stories.htm

https://www.dailytoreador.com/news/hell-s-gate-urban-legend-mystifies-residents/...


9. Do You Know Your Way Around Your City or Town?

It is pretty easy to get around Lubbock. The names streets are north/south, and the numbered streets go east/west. Then there is the Loop 289 that goes in a circle around alot of the city.

https://ontheworldmap.com/usa/city/lubbock/



10. How Often Do You Interact With People of Another Race or Ethnicity?

Pretty much anytime I leave the door to my apartment. I found a site that gives the demographics of Lubbock, Texas:

https://lubbockeda.org/population/?utm_source=madden&utm_medium=googlecpc_eda&ut...


12. What Is Your Favorite Place?

Pretty much where I am right now: in front of my computer at WdC, or watching YouTube videos, or playing a silly game called Township.


13. How Much Time Do You Spend in Nature?

Not as much as I would like to. Living in an apartment is hard, as I don't get to play in the dirt. But there is talk on and off of getting a house/land, so there's promise in the air to be able to plant flowers and veggies. If I am lucky, perhaps even some chickens! *Chicken*


14. What Would Your Dream Home Be Like?

Oh, boy! Bedrooms/bathrooms enough for everybody (4/2). A kitchen large enough to cook/prep in. A double oven would be amazing! And a large island and pantry area. Outside, enough room for garden/greenhouse/flowers and chickens. A BBQ grill and patio (covered) would round it out.

15. What is Your Favorite Place in Your House?

The kitchen is my favorite place. I enjoy cooking and baking; using new recipes as well as old favorites. My second place is at my desk, where I can do some writing. learn a new skill, such as crocheting patterns, or just watch YouTube videos for knowledge and entertainment.


16. How Important Is Keeping a Clean House?

While I don't think I was a slob, most of my time cleaning was in prep for company. When the kids were young, it was more a desire than an actuality. Now, with kids grown, I like a tidy space, but I'm not going to stress over the laundry or dishes much.



17. Is Your Bedroom a Nightmare?

Right now, my bedroom consists of a corner in the livingroom. Hopefully larger place is in the works.


..............

19. With Your Home in Danger, What Would You Try to Save?

As long as kids ok, then perhaps paperwork file that has important numbers/info/hard to replace stuff. Purse and phone. But then again, it depends on what kind of danger and how long have to get stuff.

20. Have You Ever Lost (or Found) Something Valuable?

I've lost/missplaced many items over the years - too many to count *FacePalm*. But as far as losing something valuable? The scariest time in life was back in the early 90s...my family and I were in a large Mall. I was holding my 3 yr old son's hand; and then I wasn't...time stood still and panic was full bore as I looked for my son, and authorities to help. Thankfully, he was found in short order, but it was a terrifying experience.



21. Write about "New Beginnings"

New beginnings, I've had a few; getting married, having kids, getting divorced, having a full time job, getting married again (and divorced- again *FacePalm* ). Moving to new states; I always say that I'm not moving again, and then I do...Not sure what is wrong with me...*Think*

24. Cinquain: Write a cinquain poem, which consists of 5 lines that do not rhyme.

Bacon, eggs, toast;
Pancakes, butter and syrup -
Juice and coffee; black please;
Noisily gathering around the table
For a Weekend family breakfast.


25. Alphabetical: Write a poem that has every letter of the alphabet in it.


One is kind of easy:

The quick brown fox
jumped over the lazy dog.
Every letter in the alphabet
Accounted for.

The other, not so easy -

An imagining -
Beautiful and
Cheerful,
Delightful in my mind.
Energizing me
For the day ahead.
Goodness and graciousness
Has been gifted me thus.
I know that I am blessed;
Just as I
Know this blessing can depart -
Leaving me without warning.
My heart is full of fancy, and
No, I don't take it for granted.
Opening my heart and mind -
Piercing to even my soul.
Quietly, I ponder
Respectfully, I wonder at life's quality.
Steadfastly, I stand
Trying to be worthy of this gift,
Uniquely and wonderfully given.
Very aware of it all around me.
Wishing to grasp it as water in a
Xeric cactus,
Yearning for a time of plenty;
Zealous in the keeping.




30. Timer: Set a timer for 15 minutes and just write. Don’t worry about it making sense or being perfect.


Well, timer is set
And writing is commencing;
Not sure what it will profit, but it is part of the challenge.
Freestyle writing; I don't remember having done this before.
I don't remember a lot of things, but that is a story for another day.
I do not want to delve into my paranoia regarding Alzheimer's.
One glad morning, I will wake up and not have to worry about illnesses or disease, or even dying. That will be a great day indeed.
I am sure that I will run out of things to write, before I run out of time; that's my luck, anyway. I know we are not striving for perfection, and this is not in the least call perfection.
I am glad for the new year; I just wish I didn't have to deal with call centers, and bill collectors. It's not like I'm going to forget that I owe money. Even justly, I just don't like the way they hound you, not only everyday, but multiple times a day. I don't know what else to tell them, except that I'm waiting to get the ok to go back to work. When I know, they will know. Right? I wish that there was a way to be a bill collector without being a pest. I know they are only doing their jobs, right?
Anyway, I'm not sure how much more time I have, so I will continue until it quits. Anyway, I have some bread mix rising, and I hope to make a loaf of bread and some cinnamon rolls today. Just regular loaf of bread, and some cinnamon and cinnamon raisin, as my daughter doesn't care for raisins. How did that happen? LOL. Just like my son not liking green beans...Whose kids are these? LOL. But there you have it. There is so much that I want to do this year. I want to make some crochet projects and FINISH them, not just start them. I think I have about 5 things in the hopper: a blanket, full size; a shawl, a hat, a lap blanket. There might be other things, but I will get to them as I can. I also want to make some ornaments for my mom and dad, and my sisters, and my niece. I guess we shall see how that works out.

It's not been 15 minutes, yet? Wow...Ok then, what else? I started reading Sense and Sensibility. I am really enjoying it. This is the first time I've opened the book to read, but I've watched the movie with Emma Thompson, Kate Winslet, and Alan Rickman and Hugh Grant. Hugh Laurie is in it as well, and Imelda Staunton. I really appreciate the work she has done; her latest, I believe is on the Crown.
There is the timer.




32. Remote Control: Imagine you can fast forward and rewind your life with a remote control.

I'm not sure it is a good idea to fast forward your life...rewinding may be questionable as well. I'm sure I could figure out more ways to muck up my life, on top of any good that I might get out of it. Are there things I wish I had not done? Of course there are, but I might not have some things which are precious to me if I did go back and change it. Not worth the risk in my opinion.



36. In the Moment: Write about living in the present moment.

Living in the moment,
What other can we do?
Living in the past
doesn't help one bit.
Living to better ourselves,
our environment, our world -
A noble pursuit;
Living in the past only
strangles what life you have now.




39. Snow, Smoke, Fog, Rain: Write about not being able to see ahead of you.

I remember driving in Northern Michigan during a blizzard. It is intense and scary. Especially during darkness. You struggle to see any landmarks, signs, or even at times the road. Praying that a plow truck is busy in front of you. Faith or foolishness? Faith, that God will protect you, so you can get to work; foolishness in trying to go anywhere in the craziness of the weather.


41. Good Vibes: What makes you smile? What makes you happy? Give me a 25 list of things that make you smile and happy.

1. For the most part, my kids
2. For the most part, my grandkids
3. That I still have my parents
4. My sisters
5. Being alive
6. Being able to write
7. Being able to read
8. Being able to figure out patterns for crafting
9. That I can watch YouTube for history as well as entertainment
10. Of course, for Writing.Com
11. That I still have my "marbles" (at least for the most part)
12. Being able to express myself somewhat in my writing
13. That I have a relationship with God
14. That I can go to God, and not be afraid of Him
15. That His grace and mercy are abundant in my life, and in everyone's lives (those that belong to Him)
16. That I can cook and bake, and make meals and such from scratch
17. That my relationships with my family are on good terms
18. That I can encourage others, at least that is my hope
19. That my health seems to be on the mend
20. Pictures of puppies, kittens, baby animals, make me happy
21. That I can look at art and find my own interpretation, even if it is "I have no idea"
22. That I can take care of the house while waiting for the OK to go back to work
23. That I am stretching myself in my writing
24. That I've found friends on WdC
25. That this exercise is finished...LOL

.................


44. Mirror, Mirror: What if your mirror started talking to you? What might the mirror say?

It might say, "Girl...you need to do something about that" (waving arm all around.) LOL...not that I don't know it.


46. Sunrise/Sunset: The sun comes up, and the sun goes down. It goes round and round. Write something inspiring about the sunrise or sunset.

We have our sunrises,
Full of promise and anticipation;
Waiting for us to jump into our day.
Then we have sunset,
Did we accomplish what we set out to do?
Or did we lack the courage to push ahead?




47. Memory Lane: What does Memory Lane look like? How do you get there? Write as much or as little as you would like.

Memory lane can be a long and winding path for some; for me, it is more like an old beaten path full of potholes and branches slapping at the windshield. A crazy ride, for sure. There are a lot of nice memories, and then there are those that while I wish I could forget, made me the person I am today (for better or worse).


48. Dear Diary: Write a poem or short story about a diary entry you’ve read or imagined.

Dear Diary,
Blah, blah, blah, blah.
I cannot believe that I
Wrote such nonsense as a child.

Now that I am grown,
We don't call it a Diary anymore;
We call it Blogging, Vlogging,
Putting it on social media for all to partake.
Ironic, isn't it?


50. Darkness: Write a poem or journal entry inspired by what you can’t see.

Darkness swallows me -
I cannot see the path.
Help me, Lord, I do not want to fall;
Guide me by Your loving hand.


51. Slip Up: Write about making mistakes.

Screw up, misstep, what a doozy!
Flying by the seat of my pants;
Partying like a drunken floozy
Too late realizing I can't.

Everybody makes mistakes,
We are all too human,
Looking back, I often quake -
For one's lack of acumen.



52. Spice: Write about flavors and tastes or a favorite spice of yours.

One of my favorite spices is cinnamon. I like the heat of it, especially in homemade bread and applesauce. I cannot tell why, exactly, but I really do enjoy it.


55. Interview: Write a list of questions you have for someone you would like to interview, real or fictional.

1. Why did you decide to marry mom?
2. Why don't you love her anymore?
3. When did you stop loving her?
4. Why don't you just take the step and let her go with dignity?

Questions I want to ask my Dad, but cannot bring myself to do so.


56. Missing You: Write about someone you miss dearly.

I miss my sister on days like these - not a constant aching anymore, but when I see something funny or off kilter in humor; I want to share it with her. Then I realize that I cannot anymore.

58. A Day in the Life: Write about your daily habits and routine.

Go to bed too late (like tonight)
Get up early, because I have a Dr's appt, take the kids to work -
Go to my appt, then get my kid some lunch.
Go back and pick them up, make something for dinner if it is my turn.
Writing.Com in between times.

Otherwise,

Get up when I have to go to the bathroom,
Get meds down, start day
Dishes, laundry, dinner.
Writing.com and Township game.
Making time for showering and potty breaks. LOL

....................

59. Smile: Make a 25 list of the things that make you smile and happy.

This is a duplicate, but ok...

1. Getting a note from a friend or family member.
2. Being an encourager to another person.
3. Completing a task, no matter how long it takes.
4. Learning something new that I can apply to my life.
5. Have a new recipe come out better than I expected.
6. Being able to follow a pattern with crocheting and it come out like it's supposed to.
7. Having more to spend than originally thought.
8. Having bills up to date/paid off
9. Being able to write, and it come out half decent.
10. Seeing progress in the little things.
11. Seeing myself get better every day.
12. Being able to learn new things.
13. Feeling accomplished, no matter the task.
14. being able to tell my kids/grandkids that I love them.
15. Also being able to tell my parents/sisters that I love them.
16. Getting to see my family this past holiday season.
17. Being able to think about making plans for the future.
18. Being able to improve myself on a daily basis.
19. Reading new books
20. re-reading beloved favorite books
21. Finishing a large project, such as diamond art painting
22. Being able to enjoy my "nerdi-ness"
23. Getting "nerd" references that my kids pull out when talking to me - much to their astonishment!
24. Realizing that the sign given to me by my kids is true: "You only fail when you stop trying"
25. Knowing that I've done the best I can, and giving myself grace, because God gives me grace, too.


65. Missing You: Write about someone you miss.

I miss the me that I used to be;
Young and carefree -
Waiting impatiently to grow up
And make the world my own.

I miss her energy
And her optimism;
I would give a lot
To be her once again.




67. Acrostic: Choose a word and write an acrostic poem where every line starts with a letter from the word. Example HAPPY NEW YEAR

Surprise! Such
A wonderful thing.
Looking at everyone with a
Unique perspective.
Thinking that greeting
All of my friends is
The best way to ring
In the New Year;
Overdoing the celebration?
Never! Bring on the
Salutations!



68. Silver Lining: Write about the good that happens in a bad situation.

Sometimes good can come out of a bad situation. I keep going back to last July when I was so sick. It has made me appreciate being alive as never before; and it has taken away my fear (for the most part) of death. So, I guess it's true - Every cloud has a silver lining.


75. Boredom: Write about being bored or make a list of different ways to entertain yourself.

1. Write a poem
2. Review someone's work
3. Do an anagram puzzle, or a word search
4. Read a new book, or re-read a beloved book
5. Play a game
6. Write a letter
7. Pray for someone
8. Write a list for what you would do with giant lottery winnings
9. Find a new recipe and try it out.
10. Make a new friend



Extra Bonus. List your goals for this brand New Year!

Do 750-1000 reviews by year's end.
Keep up with all of my writing Challenges
Actually write a story.
Get back to work.




signature updated by lili_in_fl

© Copyright 2023 AmyJo- only 2 steps behind - (UN: ajar0627 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
AmyJo- only 2 steps behind - has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1042395-Welcome-to-My-Reality-Jan-2023---35-Done