*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1042498-Mango---Rated-13-Words---219---Week-1-Category-1
Rated: 18+ · Book · Community · #2257034
Birthday Bash Relay. Excited on Second Place! Now for various WDC contests and activities
#1042498 added January 2, 2023 at 7:04am
Restrictions: None
Mango - Rated 13+ Words: 219 - Week 1 Category 1
Words: 219

I like lots of fruits, but since the prompt asked me to pick ONE, I'd say the Mango.

Mmmmmmmmango. The fruit which can be eaten raw - so tangy with a hint of sweetness, so good made into a salted pickle or a sweet one. So refreshing as a juice.

Mmmmmmmmango. The king of fruits when ripe. Luxuriously, seductively soft. Soft on the fingers, soft on the lips, soft on the tongue. So sweet. Enjoy it plain, peeled and diced. Lose yourself in the juice. Add milk and shake it up. Bake a cake. Whatever you do, keep your mango safe, lest other mortals get tempted and steal it from you.

I started the entry wanting to make the (rather obvious) pun of eating this fruit without any male companions (Man-go) but as I wrote, my reverence for this fruit took over and I thought it unworthy of mere wordplay. The admonishing of the rougher sex shall therefore not happen. Man may go, man may stay, the mango remains the order of the day.

PS - Recipe? There is a reason 'recipe' and 'pierce' are anagrams of each other! My grandma's mango recipes pierced the soul of anyone who dined with her ... pierced as only the soft and luscious can pierce, so smoothly and gracefully. Share those recipes? Ah. Family secret. *Smirk2*


Prompt

© Copyright 2023 THANKFUL SONALI Now What? (UN: mesonali at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
THANKFUL SONALI Now What? has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1042498-Mango---Rated-13-Words---219---Week-1-Category-1