*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1042598-This-n-That-WC-420-rated-E
Rated: ASR · Book · Contest · #2268413
A place to keep my entries for various contests and challenges
#1042598 added January 3, 2023 at 12:44pm
Restrictions: None
This n That (WC 420, rated E)
What are you doing to save the environment from overuse, pollution, or affecting the climate?

I suppose we could get rid of a lot of those annoying people to prevent overusing and polluting the environment. Still, then again, I suppose it's morally wrong to let these people destroy themselves by removing warning labels and letting nature take its course.

I do try to restrict pollution as much as is feasibly possible, I don't litter, and if I come across someone else's (see above) garbage when I'm out enjoying (but not overusing it), I'll pick it up and dispose of them the garbage properly.

As for the effects of climate, sorry, I have no power over that. I wish I could alter and change the weather/climate to suit my needs and desires, but I somehow believe this would not be good for the environment or other people who prefer different weather.

I recently read an interesting article that showed how we are still recovering from the last ice age. It stated that the signal an ice age is over is when the polar ice melts. Of course, they showed documentation and reasoning of how this has happened a few times in the history of our world, the ice age begins, the ice age ends, the polar caps are thawed, and then nature repeats the process.

That means, when the last ice age began to subside, people noticed the receding ice and rising water levels with great shock and in their primitive means, began their own attempts of stopping global warming! I wonder if this isn't how our race has managed to advance in technology over our existence. Think about it, Gogg yells at Borg, "Stop pooping on top of the ground, use the hole I dug so we can end global warming."

I wonder, is this why we have self-cleaning toilets? I really don't see the need for them, although it can be a nasty job to clean them if you don't keep ahead of the foulness. I must admit, I haven't even researched the self-cleaning toilet. I don't think it's anything except a fad.

Think about it, who needs a self-cleaning toilet? What we do need is a quick-connect/disconnect toilet. That would make a lot more sense. What do you mean, "Why?"

If we had quick connect/disconnect toilets, we could simply grasp the sides, lift them off their mounts, and stick them in the dishwasher...

Problem solved!


A proud member of "WdC SuperPower Reviewers Group

"Reading soothes the soul, writing sets it free." T.J.

© Copyright 2023 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1042598-This-n-That-WC-420-rated-E