*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1042766-Morning-Pantoum
Rated: E · Book · Cultural · #2287156
poems for Poetry Place
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#1042766 added January 7, 2023 at 3:10am
Restrictions: None
Morning Pantoum

Morning Pantoum

In the morning light
watching the news
I am inspired to write
Gives me the blues.

Watching the news
Wondering about my life
Gives me the blues
Used to be a lowlife.

Wondering about my life
Where am I going
Used to be a lowlife
The future is unknowing.

Where am I going
I am inspired to write
The future is unknowing
In the morning light.

Continue with as many stanzas as you wish, but the ending stanza then repeats the second and fourth lines of the previous stanza (as its first and third lines), and also repeats the third line of the first stanza, as its second line, and the first line of the first stanza as its fourth. So the first line of the poem is also the last.



Let the creativity flow from your soul!
Dave

PANTOUM: The Pantoum is a Malaysian form that originated in the fifteenth century and was later introduced to European poets by French and British writers, such as Charles Baudelaire and Victor Hugo, in the nineteenth century. It features a pattern of line repetition where the second and fourth lines of the first quatrain become the first and third lines of the second quatrain, with a rhyme scheme of ABAB, BCBC, CDCD, and so on until the final stanza, where the first and third lines of the first stanza are repeated as the second and fourth lines respectively, of the last stanza. Thus, the first line of the poem is also the last.
© Copyright 2023 JCosmos (UN: jcosmos at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
JCosmos has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1042766-Morning-Pantoum