*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1042958
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Fenrir
Rated: 18+ · Book · Action/Adventure · #2288346
Anastasia the Tiger taur tells her tale to her young about her visit to a micro world.
#1042958 added January 11, 2023 at 8:14am
Restrictions: None
Chapter 5: Tiny passengers, a Deer and Archery
Both youngsters eagerly looked at their mother. “Yes, they climbed onto my hand”. SHe noticed the youngster keen expressions. “Now, remember the code?” Valentina replied “Never pick on one smaller or weaker than oneself”. Anastasia nodded “Well done! Yes, never pick on those smaller or weaker. I follow this code strictly. I’ve had to introduce a few to my blade and arrows who broke this”. Both youngsters shook their heads. “Who’d bully smaller/weaker ones?” Asked Boris “Crowards!” Replied Valentina. Anastasia pointed at her “Yes. Only A coward would turn to bullying. I never wish to catch you two doing anything like that!” They both shook their heads “We won’t! We swear!” They shouted together. “Good. Even Shadow knows this”. They looked at the huge Grand Smilodon. He was always careful with his paw steps. He was actually fascinated by insects. Often he could be found laying beside an ant nest. Watching them intently scurry around without squishing one.

“Shadow is a good boy though” said Valentina as she stroked him. The half asleep beast grumbled as he lifted his head a little before flopping it back down. “So what did you do with the tinies mother?” Asked Boris. “I wanted to give them a hug, but I might have squished them by accident. So I chose something we’re not comfortable with usually”. Boris cocked his head “What’s that mother?” Anastasia sighed “Carry them on my back. We are proud creatures and aren’t to be used as mounts or beasts of burden by any.

“I’d not be comfortable carrying anthros either”. Said Valentina. Boris huffed “We shouldn’t do it at all!” Valentino nodded “Yes. But I think I'd make an exception for tinies”. Anastasia replied “Yes, I made an exception for them. Being so small they wouldn’t be able to order me around or put strain on my back”. Boris looked over his shoulder at his back. “I think I’d like to carry them as well. No chance I would be ordered about by them”. The two youngster looked at their backs and pondered briefly before a cough from Anastasia caught their attention once more.
Anastasia continued. “First before I placed them there I lifted them up to my face for a close up look and to tell them I intended no harm”. Boris butted in “Wow what a view for the tinies! Did they enjoy it?” Anastasia shook her head. “They were sadly scared. Which was understandable. I was careful though to speak softly and keep my fangs covered. But they calmed after a while. Then I carefully placed them on my back”. Boris asked “How did it feel?” Anastasia grinned “Not bad, I barely could feel them. They actually sank into my fur a little. But it kept them safe from falling”. Valentina whined “Aww I hope I get to carry some tinies one day”. Anastasia sighed “You may, but don’t forget we are proud creatures and you really shouldn’t think of carrying others”. Valentina shook her head “Oh no! I wouldn’t think of carrying anybody else.” Anastasia continued “So next, after picking them up and placing them on my back I had something embarrassing happen”. The youngsters looked at her keenly. Even Shadow lifted his head in curiosity.

“So I was reaching down to pick up some more tinies when my belly growled loudly, real loud! I was so occupied with the tinies and their city I’d forgotten that I was hunting before arriving in their world”. Valentina gasped “oh my, what did you do next?” Anastasia rubbed her belly. “I looked for food and sniffed the air. There were all the tinies…” Boris and Valentina covered their mouths. Anastasia gasped “No! I didn’t contemplate eating them well briefly but then I knew it was barbaric. When hungry as you know predatory instincts kick in”. The youngsters sighed in relief. “I wouldn’t eat them, I bet they wouldn’t be filling anyway” said Boris. Valentina and Anastasia huffed with annoyance. Boris gulped. Anastaisa folded her arms “If you do visit the tinies world never eat them, they are intelligent and we don’t eat intelligent beings”. Boris kept quiet but shook his head in agreement as did Valentina. Shadow whined as if agreeing.

“So, anyway I did pick up the scent of prey, but it was weak. There was tiny prey in the tiny world. I had no choice but to hunt for them when the phenomenon that transported me occurred on the far side of the city. Strong swirling winds blew apart a large section of their homes. Even the tiny ones were pulled around and ripped apart by the forces”. Valentina groaned and held her stomach. “Ooh That makes me feel sick”. Anastasia sighed “It wasn’t pretty to watch no. But in seconds it ended with a blinding flash. I had to look away as even from the far side the light blinded me. But when my vision returned a strong familiar scent hit my nostrils”.

“Oh what was it?” Asked Boris. “It was the Deer I’d been hunting. It lay downwind so it couldn’t smell me. Its scent hit my nostrils. Also it couldn’t see me as the tinies tall buildings stood between us. I couldn’t believe my luck but then the Deer awakened in a bad mood”. Valentina gasped “Oh my. What did it do next?” Anastasia snarled, making the youngsters jump. “It started to smash its hooves down on everything in front of it. Homes, tinies, their transportation boxes… All turned into wreckage/gore under four hooves”.Boris snarled “Disgusting creature I would have roared at it to scare it away!” Anastasia shook her head “I nearly did, but then if frightened it would have charged through the city, causing more deaths and destruction”.

“So what did you do mother?” Asked Boris. He looked concerned as did Valentina. Shadow reassuringly rubbed against them as Anastasia continued. “Well, I couldn’t use my sword as I would end up carving a trail of death and destruction myself. So I reached for my bow and arrow. I nocked the arrow and took aim. The tinies around my paws ran clear as I unsheathed my claws to anchor myself in place. I unsheathed them slowly, to give the tinies time to run clear. I was ready to let the arrow fly. But their tall buildings were in the line of fire. A narrow gap between them was the only clear gap I had at the Deer. My shot would have to be precise. I breathed nice and steadily then I let the arrow fly”. The youngsters cringed as they awaited the result. “Was your aim true?” Valentina asked.
© Copyright 2023 Fenrir (UN: fenrisulfr at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fenrir has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1042958