*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1043034-1-2-or-3-Which-Will-it-Be-WC-557-Rated-E
Rated: ASR · Book · Contest · #2268413
A place to keep my entries for various contests and challenges
#1043034 added January 12, 2023 at 3:45pm
Restrictions: None
1, 2, or 3, Which Will it Be? (WC 557 Rated E)
1) Which are worse, local or national politics/politicians?

2) If you won the lottery, raffle, or gamble (e.g. slot machine), what percentage would you give to charity, if any, and what type of charity would it be?

3) What things are you not willing to ever compromise and willing to battle to the end over, and why?


These are the three prompts I have to choose from, which is fine. However, trying to write very much about any of them could be a wee bit difficult. For example: 1) Yes! 2) None! 3) Freedom; self-explanatory.

Sure I could go more into depth I suppose, but on which one?

Politics are corrupt, as are politicians. Personally, I try not to get into conversations about politics and religion. Too many people get butt-hurt over it.

As for number 3, Yes freedom is important to me, but, at my age, how would I battle over it? Rioting? I find that to be hypocrisy. So, I reckon it's number 2.

If I won a large sum of money I would enjoy it and not worry about who and how much to give away. It's not that I don't like helping people, I do. But to find a charity that actually gives my donation to others without skimming some off of it is not worth my time.

Currently, I do try and help others less fortunate than myself by donating various items to the local churches and through the school. If, and quite often I do, have items that are still good, but I no longer need them, they go to one of the churches or the school to be passed on to someone who can get some use out of it. I received a new Kindle Fire for Christmas with a larger screen because my eyes are not as strong as they used to be. My old Kindle Fire was still in great shape, fairly new (a couple of years old), and no longer needed, so I did a factory reset and passed it along, similarly, I did the same with my previous laptop when I got a new one.

I don't know for sure if someone needy ended up with these items; Whoever took them may have more income than I. But, at least I'm convinced that nobody skimmed off of them in order to receive some ridiculous salary.

I used to do this through the Salvation Army, but when an acquaintance of mine had to serve some time in county lockup for driving while drunk, he volunteered whenever possible to get out of his cell for a while. At least once a week, he volunteered at the Salvation Army, loading up donations to take to the local landfill because they did not have room for everything and only wanted the items that would fetch the most money!

So, I thought, after he informed me that some of the clothing, furniture, and various other items I had donated were hauled to the dump, why bother? I cut out the middling middle man as much as possible and try to put my donations into the hands of people who will get some use from them.


A proud member of "WdC SuperPower Reviewers Group

"Reading soothes the soul, writing sets it free." T.J.



A proud member of "WdC SuperPower Reviewers Group

"Reading soothes the soul, writing sets it free." T.J.

© Copyright 2023 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1043034-1-2-or-3-Which-Will-it-Be-WC-557-Rated-E