*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1043201-Role-Model---Rated-ASR---wk-3-pr-3-Words---271
Rated: 18+ · Book · Community · #2257034
Birthday Bash Relay. Excited on Second Place! Now for various WDC contests and activities
#1043201 added January 16, 2023 at 7:23am
Restrictions: None
Role Model - Rated ASR - wk 3 pr 3 Words: 271
Words: 271

PROMPT

You probably haven't heard his name.

That's because he isn't out to make a name for himself. He's out to do what he does best - eye surgeries.

My surgeon, Dr. Mahesh Shanmugham, is a miracle worker. He performs dozens of eye surgeries (specialising in retina) in a day, and over the weekend, the hospital he works at does 300 charity surgeries for those who can't afford to pay.

He is very good at what he does - and is one of the kindest human beings I know. Through all the data he has to keep in his head about his patients, he never forgets that they are human beings. He knows that my Dad has bad knees, and when Dad accompanies me for a check up, Dr. Mahesh makes sure he gets good chairs. If I have to be admitted, he makes sure the room has good facilities for the attender, too!

Dr. Mahesh goes abroad on lecture tours to many countries and has students from different countries come and intern with him. I've met many interesting medical interns at his hospital. He teaches them not only the work, but his kindness, too. Everyone in his department is wonderful with nervous patients and anxious attenders. They are gentle and caring, no matter how many other cases they have to get through that day.

I think that's a true role model. He's excellent at his work, he doesn't go for fame but only for letting the work speak for itself, he creates an atmosphere that is best for those who need it, within his environs. I'm blessed to have him as my Doctor.

© Copyright 2023 THANKFUL SONALI Now What? (UN: mesonali at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
THANKFUL SONALI Now What? has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1043201-Role-Model---Rated-ASR---wk-3-pr-3-Words---271