*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1043673-As-It-Was
Rated: 18+ · Book · Community · #2257034
Birthday Bash Relay. Excited on Second Place! Now for various WDC contests and activities
#1043673 added January 25, 2023 at 9:58pm
Restrictions: None
As It Was
For: "Note: 48-HOUR CHALLENGE : Media Prompt Deadl..."

But then nothing stays the same as it was, and if you expected it to, you were unrealistic. Things change, people change, the seasons change. The earth rotates every day and revolves every year and with it, babies grow up, adults grow old and the carpet fades.

We are in this moment now.

I'm watching these dancers, she's wearing blue (even her nail polish) and he's wearing red and has tattoos. They're dancing in a circle and she falls out of the circle and the scene shifts.

Why am I watching this?

To write an entry in my blog to get a merit badge.

The merit badge will come to me in the future. I know, because in the past, when I have written for the WDC Newsfeed activities, I've gotten MBs after that.

So at this present moment, I'm watching something with the knowledge of the past and the anticipation of the future. When that MB comes, my community recognitiion will change and I'll be happy.

So is the present moment, this girl's blue nail polish, for example - always connected with the past and the future? Why can't she just have blue nail polish and never mind anything else? Why did I notice her blue nail polish paritulalrly when there were hundreds of other things to notice in the picture?

Every moment stands alone
and yet
is connected with the past
the future
it is as it was
it will be as it was
which it can never be
because everything changes
so it's never
as it was

© Copyright 2023 THANKFUL SONALI Now What? (UN: mesonali at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
THANKFUL SONALI Now What? has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1043673-As-It-Was