*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1043828-Welcome-to-My-Reality-Feb-Prompts-1-35-trigger-warnings
Rated: 13+ · Book · Writing · #2278909
Just things that I think about now and then.
#1043828 added January 29, 2023 at 12:01pm
Restrictions: None
Welcome to My Reality Feb. Prompts 1-35 /trigger warnings!!
1. Schedule: Take a look at your calendar and use the schedule for inspiration in writing.

Time keeps ticking along,
Giving no thought of where it ends.
Not caring, really, as it
Is a measurement.

It is we who give meaning to time;
Our thoughts, our actions -
Words said or unsaid.
That gives time its meaning.


2. Oh so Lonely: Write a poem about what you do when you are alone – do you feel lonely or do you enjoy your own company?


Alone with my thoughts,
Once I was afraid to be -
Now they give me comfort
In my oft frailty.

It gives me places to go;
Outside of these walls -
Flying high in the sky
Without fear of falls.



3. Energized: Write about how you feel when you’re either at a high or low energy level for the day.

When I'm riding high, and my energy is soaring -
There seems that there is nothing I can't do.
I bake, I craft, I write, I plan.

But when I'm down, all I want to do
Is shut the world out -
And take a nap.



4. Breathing: Take a few minutes to do some deep breathing relaxation techniques. Once your mind is clear, just write the first few things that you think of.

I never really get the point of breathing to relax. I guess it is because I don't know how to employ it. My mind is a whirlwind of things to do, places to be, meds to take, and on and on it goes.


5. Cinquain: Write a cinquain poem, which consists of 5 lines that do not rhyme.

Why do I do it?
Mindless, thoughtless acts;
Harming myself without thinking-
Just because I am bored
While watching TV.





6. Alphabetical: Write a poem that has every letter of the alphabet in it.

A little Bit of Chaos Does not Exclude
Funny Gestures of Handling In any way.
Just thinking - Knowledge Learned in a Most
New-fangled form. Out of People's minds
Quibbling over nothing. Resisting everything.
So There you have it, Uniquely Variant With
Xing* Youthful Zest.


*https://www.dictionary.com/browse/x

a nonsense poem.


7. Comedy Club: Write something inspired by a comedian.

"You might be a Redneck..."
"Giter Done!"
"They Call me Tater Salad"
"Here's Your Sign...
"

A comedic quartet of Blue Collar hijinks. How it's easy to laugh and forget your troubles for a time; and some of it is relatable - which makes it even funnier. Not a total fan of all they do, but I enjoy enough of it to mindlessly laugh for about an hour.


8. Cheater: Write about someone who is unfaithful.

Cheating is more than being unfaithful. It is a lack of caring for oneself, or others. Cheating is more than just copying answers to get ahead; it is not taking the time to adequately prepare for something you knew was coming. Cheating is being disrespectful of the known rules; and doing it anyway. What does it accomplish? Eventually a cheater is caught; it becomes a habit, and one hard to break. Excitement? Perhaps. Catastrophe? Almost always.

Just my opinion.



9. Love: Write about someone who has shown you love.

I've known what I thought was love from a man or two...
I've known the love of my children and grandchildren.
I've known the love of my parents and sisters.
I've known the love of friends.
I've known the love of a dog.

The most forgiving, unconditional love is from the dog. If I disappoint, they still want to be petted and fed and played with.

I'm not saying I'm unhappy with the love of my friends and family - I'm just saying that being human, we are bound to upset and disappoint at times.


10. Peaceful: Write about something peaceful and serene.

The best way to describe this feeling is the verse of It Is Well With My Soul.

When peace like a river attendeth my way
When sorrows like sea billows roll
Whatever my lot, Thou hast taught me to say
It is well, it is well with my soul


11. In the Clouds: Go cloud-watching for the day and write about what you imagine in the clouds.

Looking up at the wonderous blue
Fluffy cotton balls float peacefully by.
Not worried about deadlines or time constraints -
Without a care in the world.

If only we could be like clouds,
Just doing what they do.
Not worrying about anything;
Only floating onward towards their destiny.



12. Should, Would, And Could: Write a poem or story using the words should, would, and could.

Should I do it? - It depends on what it is I ought to be doing.
Would I do it? - If possible, it is likely that I shall.
Could I do it? - Again if possible, I will try to do so.

Now for the questions.
What is it I would, should, or could do?
Beats me! I haven't gotten that far.





13. How to: Write directions on how to do something.

I remember doing this exercise in elementary school. We were supposed to write an explanation of how to make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, and then follow our instructions exactly. What fun I remember, as people would forget to include a spoon or knife to get the peanut butter/jelly out of the containers, or for spreading. It was a good exercise in thinking, I believe. What a fun memory!

1. Wake up, go to the bathroom; finish there.
2. Go make coffee. Get a cup while waiting for it to brew.
3. Pour a cup of coffee.
4. Go to the desk and wake up the computer.
5. Open tabs to Writing.Com and begin day's activities: Newsfeed, Contests, Email, etc.



14. Write about Valentine's Day. Any Valentine's Day

As a child, I remember our Valentine's Day boxes for our cards. Pink and red frosted cookies and koolaid for a treat.
As a teen, I remember the angst of not being invited to the Valentine's Dance; I wasn't a popular kid.
As an adult, I remember romantic dates, then the not so romantic fights, then the ugly divorce.

I like the idea of Valentine's Day; I've just not had much luck with it.


15. Timer: Set a timer for 15 minutes and just write. Don’t worry about it making sense or being perfect.

I've started a timer for 15 minutes - What can I possibly write in that time frame? I've already gotten through half of the entries for this welcome to my reality blog. I think that's pretty good for the morning. I haven't even gotten my coffee yet. I don't expect the kids up and about till noon, as they stayed up late last night playing games. Arika and I watched several episodes of Magnificent Century. A soap opera set in the Ottoman Empire. It's pretty cool, and it is in a foreign language, so I am grateful for the English sub-titles.

We are supposed to get some snow again this week. I guess January wants to go out with a huge hurrah! Well, that just means that spring is coming, and I'll be excited. I am hoping to get a clear to go back to work soon. I am tired of not helping out financially.

I'm running out of things to say, as I'm pretty sure I've done quite a bit of typing already this morning. I am looking forward to the play off games, so that we can gear up for the Superbowl. I am already seeing commercials toward that effect, and it is kind of humorous. It is also staggering how much these commercials are costing companies for a two-hour show. I'd like to have just a tiny bit of that income...LOL. They probably wouldn't miss it. Well, now there is a plot I could contemplate...what would happen if lotto dreams (or other windfall) came true. I'm sure there is a pro/con list if I ever saw one...I've actually written out a gift list if I were to get a windfall. But since I don't play the lotto; it isn't very likely that I will ever have to worry about it. LOL.

Onward and forward - I woke up this morning with the words thoughtless and mindless in my mind. To contemplate and to figure out how to quit my binge eating. All I am doing is hurting myself and any effort to get into shape. I really need to give this some thought...and there is the timer.

16. Write for a Cause or Two: Write a poem or essay that raises awareness for a cause you support.

I've done a word search on one: Diabetes Awareness

 
CROSSWORD
Diabetes Awareness  (E)
Diabetes Awareness Month
#2284724 by AmyJo- only 2 steps behind -


and a poem on the other: Mental Health Awareness

 Caverns of the Mind  (E)
mental vastness
#2282231 by AmyJo- only 2 steps behind -


Both of these are of interest to me; 1. I have diabetes type 2, and 2. Alzheimer's took my paternal grandfather.



17. Under the Influence: What is something that impacted you positively / or negatively in your life?

Positively? I can say without a doubt that it has been this site: Writing.Com. I've enjoyed myself, and have been able to write to my heart's content. Is my stuff any good? Who knows? Helpful? 1000 times yes! Friendly? Yes, again and again. Encouraging, Always!



18. Remote Control: Imagine you can fast forward and rewind your life with a remote control.

Oh, no! I do NOT want anything to do with a remote control in my life; Why would I want to speed up time? LOL...and as far as reversing time? How do I know I wouldn't screw something up even worse? LOL.


19. Light at the End of the Tunnel: Write about a time when you saw hope when it seemed like a hopeless situation.

I guess I'm at the light at the end of the tunnel. Last July, I was deathly ill, literally. I had kidney stones that pretty much shut down my kidneys. I am so very blessed to be alive, and pretty much over that scary tunnel. Now I am waiting on being cleared by my cardiologist so I can go back to work. So there you have it.


20. Smoke and Fire: “Where there’s smoke, there’s fire.” Use this saying as inspiration for writing something!

There is an old saying,
"Where there is smoke, there is fire"-
I know this to be true.
In many instances in my life,
The evidence isn't moot.

Wall come crashing,
Because of a rotten foundation.
Health crises arise
Due to poor choices.

If there is a lesson to be learned,
Only one I can ponder -
Think, before you act,
Not only think, but wonder.




21. Mind Map it Out: Create a mind map of words, phrases, and ideas that pop into your head, or spend some time browsing the many mind maps online. Write a poem, story, or journal entry inspired by the mind map. here is the link: https://thinkwritten.com/mind-map-your-novel/

Little orbs floating lazily
Lines poking out from them
Connecting thoughts together
In an orderly(?) fashion.

Different colors, different fonts
Textures make it personal.
Giving balance to the mind,
Otherwise chaos reigns.

source:https://www.google.com/search?client=opera&q=mind+map+examples&sourceid=opera&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8#imgrc=uOJzYus5Id8AZM&imgdii=cBWa_uMDEykbwM

22. Patterns: Write about repeating patterns that occur in life.

Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter...
A continuous cycle.
Not that there aren't aberrations.
My Dad has seen snow in July*

One follows the other
Like a faithful time marker,
Only the years add up
On this monotonous merry-go-round.


*He was in Michigan, back in early 70s, I think.

23. Wishful Thinking: Write about a wish you have and if you have more than one share them.

Wishful thinking, huh? That I was running at 100% physically, that I had gone to school when I was younger. That I would have fixated on my dreams, rather than the delusions of a "love-struck" girl of 16. Ah, well. If I had done that, I wouldn't have the wonderful children that I have now, nor the grandchildren I've been blessed with. So there, you have it.


24. Promise to Yourself: Write about a promise you want to make to yourself and keep and if you have more than one share them all.

I Promise: To start taking better care of myself, and be MINDFUL in doing so...not just running on autopilot.

25. Brick Wall: Write a poem that is about a brick wall – whether literal or figurative.

When your back is up against a brick wall,
Don't give in to despair;
Lift your eyes up to the heavens -
On your Heavenly Father cast your cares.

The wall represents boundaries,
And can be thought of as a cage;
By taking flight in His arms,
You are safe from all of Hell's rage.




26. Making a Choice: Write about a time when you had to make a difficult choice.

Oh jeez, it has been a long time. But the day that I decided to end my 16 year marriage was one of the hardest choices I've ever made. I will not go into all of the nitty-gritty, and there was plenty of blame to go around. But we were not happy, nor willing to make the changes needed, and the kids were stuck in the middle. He wouldn't make the decision, so I had to.


27. Imperfection: Create a poem that highlights the beauty in being flawed.

What's so great about being perfect?
It's the flaws that show character -
It's the rough edges that give the sparkle,
And allows the beauty to shine.

How boring to be perfect,
Not needing to make an effort -
Never knowing the beauty of grace
Nor having the marks of love.





28. Apple a Day: Write about a health topic that interests you.

It's become quite the thing: Mental Health Awareness. I'm not saying that it isn't an issue, I'm just wondering if people use it as a crutch to do whatever they want to. I would definitely need to research this topic more fully, before I form a concrete opinion on it. I know that Mental Health issues have been ignored in the past, to a lot of tragedy and detriment. But using it as a catch all? Like the "cold" or the "flu"? I feel that we need to tread carefully in this area.
Obviously, this is just my opinion.


29. In the Moment: Write about living in the present moment.

Living in the past
Benefits no one
Looking back only
Heaps on regret.

Living for the future
Is a goal to be sure,
But not at the expense
Of living right now.


30. On the TV: Flip to a random TV channel and write about the first thing that comes on.

Commercials - Ads - whatever you want to call them. What business use to get you to buy things in between the moments of a show you think you cannot live without. Ads are used to fund shows on air - I get that; but do we really need a 5 min (if that) to 1 minute ratio of show/ad? I really don't think so. Corporate Greed...is the monster that must be fed, and I guess if we are to watch the tube...any tube...the "boob-tube", YouTube, whatever. I guess we have to put up with it.


31. Determination: Write about not giving up.

Though I may founder, I shall not give up. Though the mistakes are made, trying to improve myself and my writing, I will not be discouraged. I may be intimidated, stretched and pulled by various new things, yet in all of this, I shall not waiver.


32. Wait Your Turn: Write about having to wait in line.

Waiting in line -
An endless sea of people
All wanting to be checked out now.
Not caring that checkers are people, too.

A really sad example:
Holiday time at Walmart.
30 check-out lines; only 5 are open
While hoards clamor over the 10 self-checkouts.



33. I Believe: Write your personal credo list of things you believe in.

I think this song pretty much sums it up:

Carmen: Serve The Lord source: http://www.songlyrics.com/carman/serve-the-lord-lyrics/

I believe in God the Father
Jesus Christ, His only Son
And the blessed Holy Spirit
Distinct, yet three in one

I believe there is forgiveness
For everything we've done
That is why all the more
I will serve Him

I believe the Son of God
Was crucified upon the tree
Laid within a borrowed tomb
Not far from calvary

I believe He rose up from the dead
Alive for all to see
That is why all the more
I will serve Him

I have made my decision
I have state my claim
I have drawn a line in the sand
And I'll not be ashamed

With the world behind me
And the cross before
By the grace of God
I will serve the Lord

I believe you must be born again
John 3:16 is true
The old life can be washed away
Everything made new

And I believe the love of God
Can somehow find its way to you
That is why all the more
I will serve Him

And I have made my decision
I have state my claim
I have drawn a line in the sand
And I'll not be ashamed

With the world behind me
And the cross before
By the grace of God
I will serve the Lord

And I know when Satan and his minions
Come to torment me
When I invoke the name of Jesus
Every demon has to flee

I know the time will come
When Christ returns again someday
Till then there's just one name on Earth
Whereby men can be safe

I believe there is a right and wrong
A time to live a die
And the Bible is the blueprint
That all men should live by

I believe I'm not alone
With my faith in Jesus Christ
That is why all the more
We will serve Him

We have made our decision
We have state our claim
We have drawn a line in the sand
And we won't be ashamed

With the world behind us
And the cross before
By the grace of God
We will serve the Lord

I have made my decision
I have state my claim
I have drawn a line in the sand
And I'll not be ashamed

With the world behind me
And the cross before
By the grace of God
I will serve the Lord

By the grace of God
I will serve the Lord
By the grace of God
I will serve the Lord




34. The Unsent Letter: Write about a letter that never made it to its recipient.

WARNING: POSSIBLE TRIGGER


Dear Jeff,

I just wanted you to know that I'm sorry. I didn't mean for things to go this far. I cannot explain my actions, but that they were devastating to not just you, but the whole family. I want to hope for forgiveness, but have no right to expect it. Just know that I will spend the rest of my life regretting my choices, and being sorrier than you could ever know.

Dad


A letter Dad had put on the gravestone of his son, Jeff. After rejecting his son in his life choices, Jeff couldn't live with himself and took his own life.




35. Trial and Error: Write about something you learned the hard way.

I'm not so sure that I've actually learned anything, but after having dealt with two divorces, I think I've learned not to go near that institution again. I think I am better off by myself, but once in a great while, I do miss the companionship. But hey, that's what WdC is for me. Me tinkering with the marbles in my head, to see if I can come up with something.






signature updated by lili_in_fl

© Copyright 2023 AmyJo- only 2 steps behind - (UN: ajar0627 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
AmyJo- only 2 steps behind - has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1043828-Welcome-to-My-Reality-Feb-Prompts-1-35-trigger-warnings