*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1044112-Pursuit-of-Happiness
Rated: E · Book · Biographical · #2287709
Related to Happiness Port/Thankful Thursday/Happy List (mthly)
#1044112 added February 3, 2023 at 1:36am
Restrictions: None
Pursuit of Happiness
The five stages of happiness:

1. Discovery - covered

2. Pursuit - The Constitution of the US states that we are granted by our Creator the rights of: Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness...So that means the government believes we should be happy, right?

What does the Bible say?

The Bible says that we are to pursue eternal treasures rather than earthly ones (Matthew 6:19-20).

Our culture thinks that worship is what Christians do for an hour each Sunday. The Bible says that we can do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus and give thanks to God the Father through him (Colossians 3:17).


PROVERBS 15:13

“A glad heart makes a cheerful face, but by sorrow of heart the spirit is crushed.”

ECCLESIASTES 3:12-13

“I perceived that there is nothing better for them than to be joyful and to do good as long as they live; also that everyone should eat and drink and take pleasure in all his toil — this is God’s gift to man.”

PHILIPPIANS 4:11-13

“Not that I speak in regard to need, for I have learned in whatever state I am, to be content: I know how to be abased, and I know how to abound. Everywhere and in all things I have learned both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.”

The Bible doesn't really talk about happiness, so much as joy and contentment. Happiness can be fleeting, but joy is a fruit of the Spirit.


Just my opinion, but I think we should pursue JOY instead of Happiness.







signature updated by lili_in_fl
© Copyright 2023 AmyJo- only 2 steps behind - (UN: ajar0627 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
AmyJo- only 2 steps behind - has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1044112-Pursuit-of-Happiness