*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1044195-Entry-2-of-the-February-2023-Contest
Rated: ASR · Book · Biographical · #2289787
The Ongoing Saga of Andre and his Banana Blog
#1044195 added February 3, 2023 at 8:14pm
Restrictions: None
Entry #2 of the February 2023 Contest





Interesting discovery in your closet or cupboard (go look and find something)


Rated "E" W/C 273

Now, this goes back a few years. Actually quite a few years. And this is not in a closet or cupboard, but does a dresser count? And I almost am embarrassed to recount this tale. But, you know, what the heck. I am of a certain age and some of my acquaintances have already heard of this. I do have to admit I have mended my housekeeping ways, my friends.

Disclaimers done, here goes.

Once upon a time long ago, I was a busy mom with two rowdy children. We didn't have a lot of money at that time. I also did babysitting, a bad decision upon recollection, but that was my husband's way of me making a few bucks for the family. Whatever. We did like pets. I think we had a cat or two. Female cats. Said cats were unfixed, if I remember right.

So the cat had kittens. Cute little kittens. They grew up and we found homes for all of them. Months went by. For some reason, I decided to clean to out my daughter's dresser. This was unusual thing for us. Cleaning was not a big priority, you must understand. I would rather be outside with the kids, or reading or doing anything other than clean.

Anyhoo, as I cleaned this dresser, I came across the mummified body of a kitten. Yep - it was dried up and under some clothes.

I wish I could say that scared me. It didn't. I just chuckled and threw it away.

I do clean my house now. I don't think a mummified anything is in my house now. Unless you count me.






new signature 2021




Quill Nominee Signature 2022

Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.

© Copyright 2023 QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham (UN: normajeantrent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1044195-Entry-2-of-the-February-2023-Contest