*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1044529-Gods-Discipline
Rated: 13+ · Book · Writing · #2278909
Just things that I think about now and then.
#1044529 added February 9, 2023 at 9:48pm
Restrictions: None
God's Discipline
Prayer prompt
Pray for a neighbor's health, wealth and relationship with God.

blog prompt
Does God take pleasure in punishing or disciplining people? Why or why not? How does your view of this affect your relationship with God?



Proverbs 29:17 has this to say to parents: “Discipline your child and he/she will give you rest; he/she will give you delight to your heart.” A Scripture, from Proverbs 13:24, reads thusly: “He who spares the rod hates his son, but he who loves him is careful to discipline him.”


Heb 12:4-11
4 In your struggle against sin you have not yet resisted to the point of shedding your blood. 5 And have you forgotten the exhortation that addresses you as sons?

“My son, do not regard lightly the discipline of the Lord,
nor be weary when reproved by him.
6 For the Lord disciplines the one he loves,
and chastises every son whom he receives.”

7 It is for discipline that you have to endure. God is treating you as sons. For what son is there whom his father does not discipline? 8 If you are left without discipline, in which all have participated, then you are illegitimate children and not sons. 9 Besides this, we have had earthly fathers who disciplined us and we respected them. Shall we not much more be subject to the Father of spirits and live? 10 For they disciplined us for a short time as it seemed best to them, but he disciplines us for our good, that we may share his holiness. 11 For the moment all discipline seems painful rather than pleasant, but later it yields the peaceful fruit of righteousness to those who have been trained by it.

Proverbs 3:11-12

11 My son, do not despise the Lord's discipline
or be weary of his reproof,
12 for the Lord reproves him whom he loves,
as a father the son in whom he delights.

Just my two cents' worth.








signature updated by lili_in_fl

© Copyright 2023 AmyJo- only 2 steps behind - (UN: ajar0627 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
AmyJo- only 2 steps behind - has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1044529-Gods-Discipline