*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1044603-Gods-Anger
Rated: 13+ · Book · Writing · #2278909
Just things that I think about now and then.
#1044603 added February 11, 2023 at 10:57am
Restrictions: None
God's Anger
prayer prompt
Pray for a complete stranger that you see during your day.

blog prompt
Do you think God's anger is motivated by his love? Why or why not?



Ephesians 4:26-27 - Be angry and do not sin; do not let the sun go down on your anger, 27 and give no opportunity to the devil.
We can be angry without sinning. Our anger isn't the same as God's anger. Usually, when we get angry, it is because something has been done to us, or we are offended on behalf of someone else.

The context of the verses of God getting angry reveals why He gets angry. God gets angry when there is a violation of His character. God is righteous, just, and holy, and none of these attributes can be compromised. (Exodus 20:4–6; Isaiah 42:8).

In the New Testament, Jesus got angry with the religious teachers and leaders of that day for using religion for their own gain and keeping people in bondage (John 2:13–16; Mark 3:4–5)

While God must bring justice and retribution for sin, those who have accepted Jesus as Lord and Savior are no longer under God’s wrath for sin. Why? Because Jesus experienced the full measure of the wrath of God on the cross so that we wouldn’t have to. This is what is meant by Jesus’ death being a “propitiation,” or satisfaction. “Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit who gives life has set you free from the law of sin and death. For what the law was powerless to do because it was weakened by flesh, God did by sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh to be a sin offering. And so he condemned sin in the flesh, in order that the righteous requirement of the law might be fully met in us, who do not live according to the flesh but according to the Spirit” (Romans 8:1–4).

I thank God continually for His grace and mercy towards us. That in Christ we have forgiveness of sins, and do not have to fear the anger or "wrath" of God. That would be an unenviable position to be in, and why we must pray for those who do not have this assurance.



Source: https://www.gotquestions.org/does-God-get-angry.html






signature updated by lili_in_fl

© Copyright 2023 AmyJo- only 2 steps behind - (UN: ajar0627 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
AmyJo- only 2 steps behind - has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1044603-Gods-Anger