*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1045014-Question-of-Abortion
Rated: 13+ · Book · Writing · #2278909
Just things that I think about now and then.
#1045014 added February 17, 2023 at 10:51pm
Restrictions: None
Question of Abortion
prayer prompt
Pray for the wealthy.

blog prompt
How do you feel about abortion?



Boy, are we hitting all of the buttons. There is something called spontaneous abortion. This is were the body cannot for some reason bring a baby to full term. Something like this cannot be helped, and there is no fault, in my opinion. There are others who make choices; whether there is something wrong with the baby, or that one isn't ready for parenthood. Perhaps with the baby being malformed or having medical issues, it might be considered a mercy for the baby. If one isn't ready for parenthood, or just doesn't want to be a parent, I feel there is an alternative in giving the child up for adoption. To those who just don't want to be burdened with going through the pregnancy, I feel that this is rather selfish. I don't have all of the answers. In the case of rape, usually the act itself is traumatic enough not result in pregnancy. But if it does, then the baby is to pay for the sins of the rapist? This is were it gets sticky for me. The child didn't ask to be conceived. Also, there are methods for preventing pregnancy in the first place. I don't feel that there is one life that is above another, and like I said, I don't have all of the answers. In general, I feel abortion is wrong, but I am also called to have compassion, for I haven't walked in the shoes of those who've had abortions, or who are thinking of one, for whatever reason. If the life of the child can be spared, then I'm for it. But I'm not going to bring judgment down on the heads of those who feel they have no choice.

This is an ugly and dividing subject, and one that cannot be answered with glib remarks.

Just my opinion.





signature updated by lili_in_fl

© Copyright 2023 AmyJo- only 2 steps behind - (UN: ajar0627 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
AmyJo- only 2 steps behind - has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1045014-Question-of-Abortion