*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1045202-A-Question-of-Outward-Appearances
Rated: 13+ · Book · Writing · #2278909
Just things that I think about now and then.
#1045202 added February 21, 2023 at 3:22am
Restrictions: None
A Question of Outward Appearances
prayer prompt
Pray for the world to not have another world war.

Blog prompt
What is your opinion about women wearing makeup and why?


1Peter 3:3-4
New International Version
Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as elaborate hairstyles and the wearing of gold jewelry or fine clothes
Rather, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God’s sight.

I believe a lot of people use this couple of verses to have a reason to ban things such as jewelry, makeup, fancy dressing, etc. I know of religious denominations that frown upon these items. However, I think it comes from an over correction of these verses.

We are not to be JUST outward adornment, with nothing inside of us. Makeup can be used modestly; it can also be something to attract attention. The same with jewelry and clothing. But what should draw people to us is our heart - which points to God, and not ourselves.

I have nothing against outward adornment. I used to wear makeup once upon a time; I just got out of the habit of doing so. I also used to wear jewelry, but got away from it being home all of the time. I just got a couple of pretty dresses for Christmas, but tend to wear t-shirts and sweatpants. Mostly convenience. Do I look a little frumpy? LOL...probably a lot frumpy. I guess I could take better care of the outward; but never to replace working on the inside.

So, enjoy some eyeliner, or rouge, or mascara...and all of that jazz. Just remember where your priorities are.


Man looks at the exterior, but God looks at the spiritual.

Ok, I've beaten this horse dead for today *Hug1**Smile**Hug2*




signature updated by lili_in_fl

© Copyright 2023 AmyJo- only 2 steps behind - (UN: ajar0627 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
AmyJo- only 2 steps behind - has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1045202-A-Question-of-Outward-Appearances