*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1045516
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Book · Action/Adventure · #2290170
Danvers and SkyWolf accidentally fly too close to the enemy and chaos soon follows.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#1045516 added February 25, 2023 at 11:08am
Restrictions: None
Chapter 2
We were there till it was late, our drinks long cut off. Danvers almost stumbled over as I helped him up from the bar. "No one more, one more," he slurred.

"You've had enough, and we're flying in the morning," I reminded him and tried to drag him back to his quarters at the base. It was hard enough trying to drag him out of the door, I drove back and luckily, he was asleep soundly next to me. I hauled him out of the car and used his spare key, I kicked open the door and threw him down onto the bed. I left him to sleep it off and I went to my quarter's next door. The rain began to pour and it bounced off the roof of the car. I peeled my jacket off and sat down on my chair leaning down and unlaced my boots which I kicked off with ease.

I took off my flight suit and walked into my shower, the warm water caressed every inch of my worn and tired body, my tattooed arms shook and ached I could barely run my fingers through my hair as I attempted to wash today's sweat-out of it. A few minutes later and my laptop was pinging as my grandfather Norbert was video calling me. I sat down in my desk chair and answered his call.

"How are you getting on?" he asked.

"I am okay I guess, nearly got blown out of the sky today," I dragged a hand down my face. His features creased into concern.

"How did that happen?" he asked.

"We weren't careful enough," I replied.

"At least you got home safely," he said.

"Just about," I said.

"If it helps, I just wanted to let you know that I will be coming up to your base next week," he said, a smile spread across my face and chased away the tears in my eyes that threatened to fall.

"That's great news! Does that mean you'll be flying with us too?" I asked and played with the F4 Phantom key ring on my keys that sat next to my laptop.

"I will be yes," he said.

"At least we'll have someone in the sky with us who has the experience," I replied.

"And who can cover you if you are under fire," he reminded me, I huffed a laugh, "that is most certainly an upside."

"Now, Miss Pilot, I will let you rest and will see you next week, goodnight," he said.

"Goodnight," I said and hung up. I shut the lid of the laptop and went to bed, however, sleep didn't come easy that night, I tossed and turned but the image of the smoke following Danvers aircraft just wouldn't leave my mind, the sound of the alarm screaming in my own cockpit haunted me too. I sprung up, I was sweating and my whole being shook. I placed my feet on the floor and walked to the window, there wasn't much to look at except an empty base.

© Copyright 2023 Raven Valentino (UN: sylvanas at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Raven Valentino has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1045516