*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1045675-Role-of-Women-in-the-Word--
Rated: 13+ · Book · Writing · #2278909
Just things that I think about now and then.
#1045675 added February 27, 2023 at 11:22pm
Restrictions: None
Role of Women in the Word -
Prayer prompt
Pray for Christians who are being persecuted around the world.

Blog prompt
What is a woman's roll in church ministry?


There are as many places where women are found in the Bible; both Old and New Testaments.

Deborah was a judge in the Old Testament, and there is a whole book dedicated to the story of Ruth, and one also of Esther.

An angel appeared to both Mary (re:Jesus) and Elizabeth (re:John the Baptist). Mary and Martha's brother Lazarus caused quite a stir when he was risen from the dead.

Of course, who could forget the saying "Remember Lot's wife"? Or that Bathsheba and David committed adultery - and the price to be paid was their firstborn son. Solomon came later to them, and was regarded as a wise king. Or who could forget that it was a woman's scheming and dance that cost the head of John the Baptist?

As far as the role in church, there is still division as to whether a woman is allowed to teach men or not. Most do not squabble over women teaching in children's church or Sunday School, or in women's groups. But a pulpit? The hackles rise up greatly.

My opinion is that if men answer God's call, then by all means use them. If they do not, then it is up to the women to do Christ's work and mission. One way or another, God's calling is not to be ignored, by men or women.





signature updated by lili_in_fl

© Copyright 2023 AmyJo- only 2 steps behind - (UN: ajar0627 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
AmyJo- only 2 steps behind - has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1045675-Role-of-Women-in-the-Word--