*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1045930-Calling-out-to-God-for-Take-Up-Your-Cross-Mar-3
Rated: 13+ · Book · Writing · #2278909
Just things that I think about now and then.
#1045930 added March 4, 2023 at 10:27am
Restrictions: None
Calling out to God for Take Up Your Cross Mar 3
prayer prompt
Pray for selflessness as you serve those around you and pray for peace to invade all of your relationships.

blog prompt
Psalms 12
1 Help, LORD; for the godly man ceaseth; for the faithful fail from among the children of men.
2 They speak vanity every one with his neighbour: with flattering lips and with a double heart do they speak.
3 The LORD shall cut off all flattering lips, and the tongue that speaketh proud things:
4 Who have said, With our tongue will we prevail; our lips are our own: who is lord over us?
5 For the oppression of the poor, for the sighing of the needy, now will I arise, saith the LORD; I will set him in safety from him that puffeth at him.
6 The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.
7 Thou shalt keep them, O LORD, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever.
8 The wicked walk on every side, when the vilest men are exalted.

What are your thoughts as you read this chapter?



This is one of David's Psalms. He is beset by those voices who would cause him to doubt and fear. I get it. This past month I allowed the voices to speak lies and despair into my mind and heart. It can be an overwhelming thing.

David is asking God to help him in his time of trouble. To overcome those who would drag him down into the pits. He trusted God to help him, and to purify him in God's eyes.

It is a good lesson for us to have, and a good example to follow. God does care about our everyday lives, not just our Sunday-go-to-meeting lives. Do not be afraid to bare all to God, He sees anyway, and wants us to trust Him.

These are my thoughts anyway.






signature updated by lili_in_fl

© Copyright 2023 AmyJo- only 2 steps behind - (UN: ajar0627 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
AmyJo- only 2 steps behind - has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1045930-Calling-out-to-God-for-Take-Up-Your-Cross-Mar-3