*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1046198-Crash-AMA-1
Rated: 18+ · Book · Horror/Scary · #2284649
Adventures In Living With The Mythical
#1046198 added February 19, 2024 at 11:15am
Restrictions: None
Crash AMA 1
          Well, January was the frozen month at home, so we sort of bunkered down while we waited the weather out. In truth, I mostly bugged Crash about how he remembered things happening and compared them with notes of my own. Even Sarah, for her credit, was willing to throw in a bone here and there, so to speak, so we could piece together the story as much as we could for it to be as accurate as possible.
          As I was gathering the information for that, I also started a little side project. I’ve collected a few questions for Crash to answer, in an AMA style thing. Now, this is something I’ve never done before. I’ve never done an AMA, much less on this blog. I’m still getting used to Crash reading it and seeing this thing, to be entirely honest. It’s like writing notes about your teacher while your teacher is reading them over your shoulder. Only in this case, my teacher is a werewolf, I already know that, and technically have been telling the entire world what’s been happening.
          Doing this is especially strange since he’s currently in my room, “getting his steps in” on his smart watch. Nothing more strange than watching a werewolf walk in place while answering questions.
Were you always a wolf (born)? Oh, yeah. Hmm, maybe this could be if he ever thought of himself as some animal?
Yes. We’re all animals.

Did you ever play sports? Which ones?
          Tried to. You know there’s some places that tell you you’re too big to play football? I played baseball. I’m not very good at playing baseball. But I can throw a bat a long ways.

Do you have any artistic talent or enjoy any of the arts (music, painting, dance, etc.)?
          I do. In all weird things I find interesting stuff interesting. Even messed around with finger print portraits for a while, using different finer print paints to do a portrait. Did it for an art class. Even did some paintings with my claws too, get some interesting effects. Though I’ll never share how I got those effects…or did I just share that?

What do you do to have fun?
          I do music. Took piano classes. Picked up odd instruments. Got invited to tour with a bluegrass band playing the washboard, cause I played the washboard at a party. Still don’t know why I didn’t take them up on it.

Do you have favorite books or movies?
          Lots of them. I like werewolf literature, even though a lot of it is horrible. I don’t get into werewolf romance stuff, a lot of that is horrible. But I like the classics, like Stephen Kings “Silver Bullet”, “Hunter’s Moon,” and an older one titled “The Hairy One’s Shall Dance.” I also like HP Lovecraft.

Do you believe that UFO's are real?
          Well, yeah. Anything you can’t identify as flying, is an Unidentified Flying Object. (Jason: I think they mean aliens.) (Crash: That’s no way to talk about them. They’re just misplaced.)

The supernatural in the blog takes on a more natural presence despite the associated dangers of the uninitiated (Thinking specifically of the garden gnomes here). Would Crash say that normal people just ignore the presence of this underlayer of life, or are there active efforts to keep it secret?
          A combination of both. Because some of them have beliefs they shouldn’t be seen by humans for different cultural reasons. Others its just easier for day-to-day life to just not be noticed as other than a normal human. It’s been taken as a general rule as you don’t make it super publicly known.

Do werewolves date? If so, do they care in what form (human or transformed)?
          Yes we date. Whether if its in our transformed form it generally depends on the relationship and who we’re dating.

And forgive me if I have missed this if explained in the blog, but how did Crash get his nickname? Or is that his real name?
          It’s a nickname, and part of that depends on which time. In grade school I totaled a bicycle and a BMW. And walked away from it. Kept it through high school. Then in college I totalled my buddies S-10 car surfing and walked away from that. So, after that I just accepted it.

© Copyright 2024 Louis Williams (UN: lu-man at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Louis Williams has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1046198-Crash-AMA-1