*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1046342-Showing-Christs-Love
Rated: 13+ · Book · Writing · #2278909
Just things that I think about now and then.
#1046342 added March 13, 2023 at 1:34pm
Restrictions: None
Showing Christ's Love
Prayer prompt
Pray for those on the East and West coast affected by the weather.

Blog prompt
How and when do you show Christ’s love to others?




This reminds me of an old Christian song: They will know we are Christians by our love, by our love; They will know we are Christians by our love.
I guess my answer is in the doing. Preaching is good mostly for the ones already saved. We need to be doing...not judging. Helping someone in need; taking the time to listen and sympathize; things like this. Jesus is our example: He shared with everyone, fed the 5000 because there was no food and they had been listening for days. Even when He drew away to rest, He would not turn away those who would seek Him out.

I know I fall short of this example. I get impatient and tired and cranky. The idea of being a "wrung out sponge" isn't really appealing to me. I also know that "self-care" is a big item nowadays...and I suppose it is important; but it isn't the example of Jesus. I hope that doesn't make me sound callous. Jesus drew His strength by going to His Father in prayer, and that should be the example we seek.

Just my opinion on the matter.
*HeartP*






signature updated by lili_in_fl

© Copyright 2023 AmyJo- only 2 steps behind - (UN: ajar0627 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
AmyJo- only 2 steps behind - has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1046342-Showing-Christs-Love