*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1046388-Needle-Tatting-A-to-Z-by-Selma-and-Ed-Morin
Rated: ASR · Book · Other · #2289858
Reviews for Books Read
#1046388 added March 14, 2023 at 3:30pm
Restrictions: None
Needle Tatting A to Z by Selma and Ed Morin
ISBN number: 0-86675-340-0

Title: Jiffy Needle Tatting A to Z by Selma and Ed Morin

Copyright: 1992 (so it is an oldie...LOL)

I had never even heard of Tatting up until a couple of years ago. It is something that has almost gone by the wayside, belonging to my mother's and grandmother's generations.

What is tatting? A delicate handmade lace formed usually by looping and knotting with a single cotton thread and a small shuttle. : the act or process of making tatting.

https://www.google.com/search?client=opera&q=definition+of+tatting&sourceid=oper...


It is a small book of 111 pages, and 12 chapters and about 26 patterns for someone to make. It gives step by step instructions on how do do the stitches, and what you can do with them afterward. It is mostly done for decorative edging - for collars and so forth, but there are some full size projects to be had.

I've tried it a couple of years ago, as my dad's friend enjoyed it. It can be a little tedious, but I believe I want to get another needle set and try my hand at it again.

If you enjoy yarn and thread work, you might want to give tatting a try. You can find several books and kits on Amazon, or you may find items at your favorite craft store.




signature updated by lili_in_fl
© Copyright 2023 AmyJo- only 2 steps behind - (UN: ajar0627 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
AmyJo- only 2 steps behind - has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1046388-Needle-Tatting-A-to-Z-by-Selma-and-Ed-Morin