*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1047133-March-29th---Why-Serve-the-Lord
Rated: 13+ · Book · Writing · #2278909
Just things that I think about now and then.
#1047133 added March 29, 2023 at 12:21pm
Restrictions: None
March 29th - Why Serve the Lord?
prayer prompt
Pray for medical research and Big Pharma.

blog prompt
What are some of the reasons the Bible gives to serve the Lord?


You know, it is funny to ask this question. I really never consciously asked the question before. And truthfully, I don't much think about it, other than it is something a Christian should do.

At the Wedding in Cana, the chief steward ran out of wine. Jesus' mother told this to Jesus, and he commanded that the wine pots be filled with water. Once done, Jesus told the steward to serve it to the host...and it had become the best wine ever.
Serving the Lord gives Him the opportunity to perform miracles.

• Serving increases our faith.
As we move out of our comfort zones, God increases our faith by revealing new potential — in ourselves and in His Church. When we see what He can do, when His power is at work within us, we begin looking for the doors He’s opening, rather than pushing our way through the one’s He’s closed (Ephesians 3:20).


Serving allows us to follow the example of Christ.
Jesus poured himself out as a sacrifice to those He served. While I understand that we cannot do exactly that, we are to put others before ourselves when it comes to service. The attention should be directed to the Lord, not to ourselves.

I know I fall quite short in this area. *FacePalm*

And finally, God equips the called; He doesn't call the equipped; some examples are Moses, David, Saul(Paul).

This has been an interesting study for today. Thank you for the prompt.

Source:
https://guardian.ng/sunday-magazine/ibru-ecumenical-centre/the-benefit-of-servin...(Matthew%2025%3A40).


signature updated by lili_in_fl

© Copyright 2023 AmyJo- only 2 steps behind - (UN: ajar0627 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
AmyJo- only 2 steps behind - has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1047133-March-29th---Why-Serve-the-Lord