*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1047179-For-Writing-For-the-Heart---Due-April-15th
Rated: 13+ · Book · Writing · #2278909
Just things that I think about now and then.
#1047179 added March 30, 2023 at 1:34pm
Restrictions: None
For Writing For the Heart - Due April 15th
Looking around, I find a booth, with enough room for the two of us. This is a popular place, and at lunch time, there are many people here. I'm not worried though, as I am meeting my on-line friend for the first time. We've chatted over the past several months, and decided to meet in person. I don't think either of us are worried, but lunch at a local restaurant seemed casual enough. My heart started fluttering in my chest - not from nervousness, but from excitement. I would finally meet my friend, and who knows what the future might hold?

I look up from my musings to see my friend come through the door. I tentatively raise my hand to get her attention. She shyly smiles and heads in my direction. Sliding into the opposite side of the booth, we both say "hi".

"Well, here we are. Finally."

"Did you have a good trip?"

"I did, thank you."

"Hungry?"

"Yeah, I am."

"What sounds good to you?"

"Pizza."

"OK, then."

I flag down the server, and ordered a medium pizza for the two of us to share. We both get soda to drink with it, and start enjoying the pizza. We are both a bit nervous, and the light banter was back and forth as we enjoyed our lunch.

I honestly didn't know what would happen after lunch, but my senses were on high alert. I wasn't anxious, per se, but this was my first time with a woman. Men had been the bane of my existence for quite some time. I was tired of not measuring up to a man's standard, which in my opinion was very shallow.

We drove to the mall which wasn't too far from the restaurant. We parked our vehicles, and I locked mine up and got into hers. We took off to drive around, and chatted a little more. I imagine her heart was pounding as was mine. We drove out of town, and took a back road that looked barely traveled. She pulled over, and shut the engine off. We took off our seatbelts and turned to look at each other.

There was care, and wonderment in our eyes, one for the other. I drew my hand to her cheek and brushed her hair behind her ear. We both leaned forward, and our lips softly met together. I slid my tongue over the edge of her lips, and she reciprocated. The blood was pounding in my ears. I heard her sigh, and I pulled back a little.

"You ok?"

"Yes."

"This is different."

"Yeah."

"Are you sorry?"

"No, you?"

"No."

We began kissing again, our hands shyly exploring our differences and similarities. I wasn't sure how long we were there, but we finally drew back and put ourselves back together. She started the engine, and we headed back toward town and to the mall where my car was.

We sat in her car for a few minutes. I looked over to her and wished her a safe journey home, and that I would chat with her that evening, if she liked. She nodded, and I slipped from the car, closing the door. I then got into my car and drove home, the taste of her lips still on mine. I wasn't sure where this was going, but I thought that she was wonderful.

We spoke that evening, using a chatroom to communicate. This was before the advent of "texting" on our private phones. I felt strong feelings for her, and she did for me as well. We talked about everything, and late at night, we said goodbye to each other. Until the next time, whenever that might be.

It was a shame that "life" would make it's own demands on our lives, with my family and her family. We are and have remained friends for quite some time now, but the first burst of a romance is hard to forget. The timing was off, or maybe it really wasn't in the cards to begin with.





WC: 672



prompt

signature updated by lili_in_fl

© Copyright 2023 AmyJo- only 2 steps behind - (UN: ajar0627 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
AmyJo- only 2 steps behind - has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1047179-For-Writing-For-the-Heart---Due-April-15th