*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1047333-All-is-well
by NelY
Rated: E · Book · Writing · #2292262
... where my muse goes for 2023 ...
#1047333 added April 2, 2023 at 1:16am
Restrictions: None
All is well.
She grabbed the edge of the dug-stone well's wall with her tiny fingers and climbed up to rest on her elbows. During her climb, her slippers fell off, and her tiny toes hung dangerously from a group of large stones that had been cemented together. They were extremely slippery due to the moss growing on the surface. She gave herself one minute to gasp for air before moving closer to the open hole. She decided to try it, spitting her words down the deep well as if they came from her lungs, despite the fact that all she could see down there was blackness.

"Hello"

Her voice fell to the bottom of the dark, bottomless pit. She then turned her head to the right and leaned forward, bringing the ear on her left side even closer to the well's opening. She did it in the hopes of getting a response. The only thing she could hear was the splash of water on the wall below her. Her greeting elicited no response. She tilted her head to the left, bringing her right ear even closer to the well's opening, and waited, dissatisfied. She waited patiently.

With just a "Hi," her friend greeted her.

She laughed happily and enjoyed hearing her friend's response as she let herself fall onto the lush, green grass below. She toppled over, rolled away from the well, and landed on her back. She stood up and looked out at the reddish-dusk sky in the distance.

“It will soon be evening, and Mama will be waiting for me to return home so that we can have dinner together.”

She was well aware that her mother would be disappointed with her if she did not arrive on time for dinner. She grabbed both of her slippers and dashed as fast as she could in the direction of the cottage, which was not far from the well where she was. The lighting in the cottage's kitchen was turned on.

"The meal Mama prepared for us is ready."

On her way back to the house, she picked a few white wild daffodils from the greens to put on the kitchen's table. She is confident that her mother would be pleased to see them seated together at the dinner table tonight.

She ran away without looking back and waved to the well.

"Good night, sleep well."

She began her journey back to her house.

© Copyright 2023 NelY (UN: nely at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
NelY has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1047333-All-is-well