*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1047397-Chapter-11
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Raven
Rated: GC · Book · Dark · #2293365
The changing landscape of Metropolis leaves our heroes backed into a corner
#1047397 added April 10, 2023 at 4:37am
Restrictions: None
Chapter 11
Jake sat up in an unfamiliar and white void. He was on a bed, but all that surrounded him was silence. His body didn't hurt, for a change, and he didn't feel a sense of fear as he looked around. "Jeez, my imagination is really going to shit," he sighed, spotting Ashley walking over out of the mist.

"Usually, I'm the one creating the environments for our activities, love," she corrected him as she took a seat on the bed, "I just base them off of our mutual interests. However, this isn't a recreational encounter, as much as I wish it were. We have a moment without interruption, so we should spend it formulating a plan."
"You're right," Jake sighed, "I can think and talk tied up, though, just for the record."

"Cute, but you'd be distracted," Ashley smiled as she sat down, "I'll make sure to spend an evening with you once we get out of here, though, I promise."

"That's fair," Jake said, sitting up, "Okay, so we're stuck in a prison run by a madwoman, surrounded by people who either want to kill or fuck me, and I'm currently the property of Miri of all people. I am open to suggestions."

"If Miri is here, then Alexis won't be too far behind," Ashley said, "As lovely as your synopsis is, I don't think it's wise to bank on Alexis and Miri. I have no doubt that they'll play a large part in our escape, but we should be ready in case something goes awry. Is there anyone here that might be willing to help us?"
"You might have some leftover followers that Beth and I locked up," Jake offered, "After…you know, what happened between us, most of your people went berserk."
"That would mean showing our hand, and that could risk Amelia hatching a scheme to mute my presence," Ashley said, "It could work as a last resort, but having a gaggle of potential cultists following us around seems too dangerous to utilize right now."
"What could Amelia do?" Jake asked.
"Iron shackles or a collar, for one," Ashley pointed out, "Beyond the heavyweight of such a device, I'd be unable to lend you any of my strength and speed. So, you can't think of anyone here that might be willing to lend aid?"

"Megan might, if I gave her the combination to her power dampener," Jake said, trying to think of any potential allies, "But, she'd be loose and want to keep me for herself. You didn't seem overly fond of being close to her ass, so that option doesn't seem like a good one."
"I will not be an ass-slave and a fart filter for someone like that," Ashley huffed, literally turning her nose up at the very notion, "That girl is lucky we have an agreement because I'd have ripped her damn head off otherwise."
"Megan's not, well, she wasn't always so bad," Jake sighed, "Although, I don't have the best track record when it comes to women."

"No you do not," Ashley agreed, "That gasbag is just another in a long list of oddities you've managed to attach yourself to."

"Okay, okay," Jake said, deciding to change the subject, "Lemme think for a minute. There's nobody that's got an interest in helping me, but there's some that might be scared into it."
"Jake, I don't think we're in any position to intimidate anyone," Ashley sighed, "Miri, a girl who is literally unhinged and maybe an inch taller than Beth, just claimed us a prize."
"That's kinda my point, Ash," Jake continued, "We might not be able to scare anyone, but that doesn't mean people aren't still afraid of what's outside these walls, or rather who."
"Alexis," Ashley said, seeing where he was going.

"Yes," Jake smiled, "She might be turning over a new leaf, relatively speaking, but she has more of a reputation than anyone in this city. She's known for being highly unstable, unpredictable, impulsive, and being willing to burn anyone down who gets in her way. Couple that with the fact that she died and came back, and now people think there's an insane immortal running around Metropolis."
"That's right," Ashley said, liking where her beloved was going, "Even that vile Amelia woman flinched when you mentioned her name."

"Yeah, those two go way back," Jake nodded, "Still a little pissed that Alexis told her who I was, but nothing I can do about that now."

"So, who are you thinking about trying to coerce?" Ashley asked.
"It's a long shot, and I'm not fond of working with her, but Penelope might be the best bet," Jake sighed, "She's as sadistic as they come, but she's entirely self-serving. She's not going to believe me at first, and we might end up tangled in her pits before it's over, but her ability to shape-shift could come in handy."
"Then we have at least something of a plan in place," Ashley said, "It's not much, but at least it's something to go on. I do wonder, though, what exactly do you plan on doing once Alexis breaks us out? Knowing her, I doubt her method will be subtle, and it's a safe bet that there will be a lot of criminals loose once again."
"I'll have to cross that bridge when I come to it," Jake sighed, "Hopefully, most of them are scared of Beth and Pam. Even with Beth switching to non-lethal rounds, she's still insanely brutal if she's in a bad mood. Pam's still mostly just a rumor, well, outside of that damn video from Andrew, but she is fucking terrifying when she's pissed. Sometimes I forget that, but when her temper comes out, I can see why Rebecca favored her as much as she did."

"You're betting on fear keeping the escapees in line, then," Ashley surmised, "A fair plan, but with others still willing to take in and use these people, one that I wouldn't place too much stock in, love."

"Then we keep tabs on them, if possible, and hope they lead us to a bigger fish," Jake countered.
"What about Kaitlyn and Jason?" Ashley asked, "If this goes down like I think it will, you three are going to need help."
"Kait and Jay are in the wind, plus I'm pretty sure Jason still hates me," Jake sighed, "It'd be nice to have some help, but you know I've been keeping an eye out for any sign of Kait. I'm not even sure she's in the city anymore."
"Three against the world," Ashley sighed, "Are the odds ever in your favor?"
"Well, it used to be two, if that helps," Jake chuckled, "Pam is technically like six in one, so there's also that. Besides, you know I like a challenge. We've also got Sally and, if Zoey can find her, Sam."

"They'll find her, Jake," Ashley assured him, sensing his worry behind his levity, "Zoey is a dedicated civil servant, but she's also a dedicated domme. She'll find a way to save Samantha."
"I know," Jake said, "I just hate thinking that someone is hurting my family. Sam and I just started to get close, and I-"

"I know, you don't have to say it," Ashley cut him off, "If Alexis is handling our escape, then I think it's a safe bet that Beth and Pam are working to try to get to Zoey, and by extension, Samantha. Trust them, Jake, it's all we can do."

"You're right, you're right," Jake sighed, "So, how long have I been asleep?"

"I'm afraid we'll be waking up shortly," Ashley sighed, "I let you rest undisturbed for a while before I made contact. Your mind has been absolutely wracked the last day, and you needed some time to compose yourself."
"Well, between Duchess and The Amazon, I've been a little stressed out," Jake said, flippantly.
Ashley closed her eyes for a moment before sighing, "Miri is about to wake you. I don't think she means anything bad, but she's got an appearance to keep up. Make sure she knows that I'll make her life hell if she goes too far."
"I think Alexis already made that point for us," Jake offered, "Until next time?"
"I'll make it worth the wait, I promise," Ashley smiled, "I love you, Jake."


"Love you too, Ash," Jake said as their world started to shake.
—----------------

"Oof!" Jake exclaimed as he was pulled from Miri's bunk and banged his head on the floor, "What the hell, Miri?! You could've just shaken me."
"Eh, this way was more fun," Miri shrugged, "Sooo, how'd ya sleep?"
"Good until I hit my head," Jake said, sitting up and rubbing the back of his head as he looked up at her, "That really hurt, but…thanks for letting me rest. What time is it?"


"I don't know, two-ish, four-ish, six-ish, blue fish!" Miri replied, giggling as she lost herself in a distracted manic moment, "You're welcome, by the way. Feeling any better, ya know, outside of the bump on your noodle?"

"A little hungry, but other than that, yeah," Jake said, getting to his feet and ignoring her crazy expression, "So, listen, I was thinking-"
"I didn't tell ya to think!" Miri snapped, surprising him by shoving him back onto the bed and pouncing on him, "I let ya rest, now you're gonna make it up to me!"

"Miri, what are you doing?" Jake asked.
Miri leaned down and whispered, "Guards comin' by, and you're supposed to be my bitch, remember? If it helps, I'm, like, twenty-five percent sorry for this. Now, open that pretty little mouth, and don't you dare try to fight back, bitch!"

Miri's eyes shifted to the side to show who she was talking about. Nyx had stopped by their cell and was leaning against the bars watching them closely. Jake nodded his understanding and sighed, "Yes, ma'am, let me reposition so you're more comfortable."

"Good boy," Miri beamed as Jake slid up onto the bed to allow her better access, "Glad to see a little nap has you thinking straight. Get that tongue ready, because these babies need a good cleaning!"

She was convincing, he'd give her that. Miri climbed up on the bed and slipped her shoes off. Even before she put her feet on his chest, he could smell how ripe they were. It was nothing compared to Alexis, but they were pungent all the same. Jake had been in worse situations, and at least he knew Miri wouldn't take things too far. At least, that was what he hoped. She placed her feet over his face, and Jake gave the first of many licks to come. The taste of her sweat was immediate and salty, but he'd power through it. He'd have to wait to discuss his plan until they could speak freely. Nyx chuckled as she watched her old colleague dominate Jake.


—-----------


Beth stood on the rooftop of one of the city's many buildings looking into an apartment complex. She'd been tracking Karen Black for the majority of the evening while Pam tried to isolate her with her magic. Beth trusted Pam's methods, but she knew that they took time. With Sam's life potentially on the line, and time quickly running out, both women agreed to divide and conquer. Beth's methods were certainly questionable, and risky given the warrant for vigilantes, but they proved to be effective.

She'd found a den of grunts on the eastern side of the city, and after barging in and introducing herself, Beth had managed to squeeze them for information. Most of them had proved to be useless, but one girl knew the detective personally. Beth had been disgusted to learn that she was involved in slave trading, but that was where she knew Karen. A regular customer, from what the woman had said, and always paid in extra and in cash. The woman didn't have a clue how Karen went through as many slaves as she did, but it wasn't her job to ask as long as her money was good. Beth had broken her arm before leaving after she'd made a comment about Beth's collar. Honestly, the woman was lucky Beth was in a hurry.
Beth touched a hand to the stone dangling from her collar, "I'm in position, and she's here," she said through the open connection to Pam, "How do you want me to play this? I can break in and try to get information, or I can hold position and wait for you."
"Wait for me," Pam's reply echoed in her head, "I'm locking onto you now, Kitten. I'll be there momentarily, and we can't afford to have Ms. Black making any sudden phone calls."

"Yes, ma'am," Beth said, sitting down to wait for her mistress.

Pam appeared out of a pool of darkness behind Beth only a few minutes later. Beth heard the sound of her spell, but she didn't turn around. Most people didn't notice it, but there was a slight bubbling when Pam appeared. Beth had experienced it enough, and had watched her mistress phase in and out enough times, that she could recognize the faint noise. Still, she kept her eyes on Karen's apartment window. She grit her teeth behind her helmet as she watched Karen drag a terrified woman into her bedroom. Undoubtedly, the woman was a victim of the slave trade. There was no telling what Karen was going to do to her, and that alone made Beth's blood boil. She made a note to find and dismantle this trade once Jake was safe again. She couldn't stand by and let girls like this suffer.

"Something troubling you, Kitten?" Pam asked as she approached.
"Bitch has someone in there with her," Beth replied with a low growl, "I'm going to kill her."

"Kitten, we talked about this," Pam started.

"I know, but she's been taking and breaking innocent, scared people," Beth replied, "She dies, Pam, no ifs, ands, or buts about this one. Slow and painful, I want her to feel every ounce of fear that she's inflicted on countless innocents."
Pam knew it was a bad idea, but she could feel Beth's fury bubbling beneath the surface. She knew her pet well enough to know there was no talking her out of this. She hadn't felt a rage this hot from her in a long time. Their night at the cabin came to mind. "Very well," Pam said after a moment, "I'll make sure that she won't be found, but we can't make a habit of this."
Beth stood up and nodded, "I understand, and I'll try to keep my calm while you talk to her first. If shit goes sideways, though, I'll make her talk."

"Good girl," Pam said, putting an arm around Beth, "Let's go pay Ms. Black a visit."

That faint bubbling noise came again as Pam cast her spell to move them into Karen's apartment. The process was fast, and they emerged in her living room. Beth cracked her knuckles and her neck, but she nearly bit her tongue to keep her mouth shut. She'd let Pam do the talking, at least for now. Karen's living room was a wreck. Discarded and dirty clothes, shell casings, scraps of paper with notes scrawled on them, and various old food containers littered the room. The woman was either a slob or a workaholic, and Beth doubted it was the latter. Although, she'd dealt with enough lapdogs to know that sometimes the two went hand in hand.

A scream could be heard in the distance before it died down a whimper. Beth tensed, but Pam held her arm out to keep her in place. She had to trust her mistress right now. Pam was the collected one of the two, and Beth knew better than to let her emotions get the best of her. "Scream all you want, bitch," Karen's voice came from down the hall, "Nobody is coming to help you, and all you're doing is getting me nice and wet. Suck on those panties while I get ready for our fun. I won't spoil it, but feel free to let your imagination run wild. I promise you, you'll remember this for the rest of your worthless life."
Karen chuckled as she walked out of her bedroom and into the living room. Her sadistic grin dropped when she spotted Beth and Pam. "Karen," Pam greeted her, her face neutral and impassive, "It's been a while, hasn't it?"

Karen was wearing a pair of slacks, a button-up maroon shirt, suspenders, and had her pistol still attached to her hip. She reached for her gun, but Beth drew hers first and aimed it at her head. "Don't even think about it," Beth warned, her voice dark and distorted from the modulator, "I might not have live rounds, but that doesn't mean this won't hurt, bitch."

Karen froze and glared at the two of them, "I could arrest the both of you here and now. Go ahead, make a move."

Pam nodded and raised her right hand. A plume of white light flashed for a second before the lights went out in Karen's apartment. "That should do away with any recording devices you've got, Karen," Pam explained as she summoned a ball of light to illuminate the darkness, "I wouldn't want us to be disturbed, or for us to be unable to speak freely. You remember me, yes?"

Karen ground her teeth as she stared at Pam. She relaxed after a minute and grinned, "I remember the lapdog that served Goth, yeah. I recognized that smug face of yours the other night at the Plaza. Decided to jump ship once Goth lost her shit, eh? This your newest toy?"

Beth started to take a step forward as Karen pointed at her and smirked. Again, Pam held her arm out to stop her, "I made a choice that benefited myself and others. Unlike you, I'm not entirely selfish."

"Heh, you've got her trained pretty good," Karen mocked, noticing the way Beth was fighting back violent urges, "I remember when that one attacked Citiville and Metropolis. She went on a rampage that cost millions in damage control, but you've got her broke in for such a wild animal."
"It's called trust, you fucking sadistic freak," Beth snapped.
"Trust is overrated, honey," Karen chuckled, "The only way to rule properly is through fear."
"Tell that to Goth," Pam countered, "Judging by the anxiety you're poorly hiding, I'm guessing you know why we're here."
"You don't scare me, Pamela," Karen scoffed, "You were a bottom-bitch who happened to crawl her way to the feet of a Goddess, and your little pet isn't anything more than scum beneath my boot."

Pam frowned and took a deep breath, "There's two ways that this can happen, Karen. Either you can cooperate and I ensure your death is quick, or you can continue to be difficult and I'll let my pet pull the information from your lips. One way or another, you're going to tell us what we want to know. Meg Myers and her plans, the whereabouts of one Samantha Blackridge, and whatever else a cockroach like yourself may have overheard. So, what's it going to be? The easy way, or the hard way, the choice is yours."

"Go fuck yourself, both of you," Karen spat, "I've got company to entertain, and unless you two want to join her, you'll leave my apartment."
Beth was at her breaking point, but she stopped herself from lunging at Karen. "Go ahead," Pam said, giving her the permission she'd been waiting on, "She's made her choice. I won't interfere unless she somehow manages to get the upper hand."
Beth let out a long and slow breath as she lowered her gun to Karen's leg and took a shot. Surprisingly, Karen was able to dodge before the bullet could connect. Her own pistol was in her hands as Beth closed the gap, and she took two blind shots at Beth. Beth was ready, and she ducked and twisted to avoid the bullets as she went in to strike. She spun her pistol so the barrel was facing her forearm, and delivered a vicious uppercut to Karen's jaw. It staggered her, but she threw a right cross at Beth to try to knock the smaller woman away. Beth spun around her, and issued a swift kick to her back that knocked forward with a grunt. Karen growled as she whirled around to try to get another shot off against Beth, but Beth had already drawn one of her knives with her free hand. Beth closed the small gap between them, and she sliced up to cut Karen's hands holding the pistol.

"Ah, bitch!" Karen shouted as she dropped her pistol, "Oh, I am going to enjoy unmasking and breaking you properly!"

"Try it," Beth said, spinning her blade and holstering her own pistol.
"I'd advise you to rethink your position, Karen," Pam smirked, watching her pet work for the first time in weeks, "She doesn't like you, and I've assured her that nothing is off limits. My little pet can be quite persuasive and creative when she wants to be, but do what you want."
"Shut up!" Karen barked at Pam, "I'm not scared of a slave hiding behind a mask!"

"Don't talk to her like that," Beth growled, moving in to attack once again.

Beth swung her knife up, but Karen managed to step out of the way before it could cut her. Beth twirled the blade once again before slashing down at an angle, but Karen again managed to dodge. Karen's hand shot out and snatched Beth's wrist holding the knife. Beth tilted her head, almost impressed that her opponent could think on her feet this quickly, but tried to hit with a hard left hook. Karen's other arm shot up, and managed to trap Beth's left. The two stared at each other as they wrestled for dominance for the briefest of moments. Beth broke the hold when she reared her head back and threw it into Karen's forehead. Karen stumbled back from the force of Beth's headbutt, and Beth seized the opening. She threw her knife and it dug itself into Karen's shoulder. Beth charged forward, grabbed the hilt of her blade, pulled Karen down, and knocked her unconscious with a fierce punch to her temple.
Karen fell back and through the coffee table in the living room. Beth stood over her body and let out a shaky breath. "I would have preferred answers before you knocked her unconscious, but this will do for now," Pam said, "Feel better, Kitten?"
"A little," Beth admitted, "She hasn't suffered enough yet, but this is a start."

"Thank you for standing up for me, by the way," Pam said, bending down to place a glyph on Karen's body, "Go help the girl, dear. I know you want to, and I'll make sure that Ms. Black is restrained before we move her."
Beth nodded, thankful for Pam's empathy. She left Pam to her work, and hurried off to Karen's bedroom. The girl she'd seen earlier was currently tied to a chair, and her eyes were puffy from crying and begging. She was naked, gagged, and scared out of her mind. As Beth looked around, she could certainly understand why. Chains, hooks, pliers, whips, flogs, and countless other instruments for pain and suffering were strewn around the room. Many of them had blood on them. No doubt, Karen had intended to do something truly monstrous to this poor girl. She whimpered and tucked her head down when she saw Beth. Beth made a decision to remove her helmet and talk to the girl. She was here to help, not terrify her more than she already was.

She pressed a button on the nape of her neck, and her helmet began to retract and fold in. She took it off as she slowly stepped forward to untie the girl. "Hey, it's alright," she said softly, checking her for any wounds or injuries as she removed her gag and started to untie her, "I'm not gonna hurt you, nobody is anymore."
"W-where is she?" the girl asked, her voice trembling as she looked around, "If she comes back and I'm free, she's going to hurt me worse."
"She's not going to hurt anyone anymore," Beth assured her, tossing the most likely week old panties that had been in this girl's mouth off to the side, "You're safe, and we're going to make sure that you stay that way. What's your name, hon?"
"Krissy, m-my name is Krissy," the girl answered, "Y-you're the Feral, right? You're not going to take me for yourself, are you?"

What sort of rumors had been spreading about her? Beth sighed but smiled, "No, Krissy, that's not what I do. See this? I'm spoken for, and I don't like when someone mistreats and hurts others. Karen Black is one of those people, and I intend to make her pay for what she's done."

Beth had gestured to her collar, and Krissy looked at it in confusion. "You're someone's property?" she asked in disbelief.

"Not exactly, but…" Beth started, "It's complicated, but this just means that I have someone who takes care of me. I know what it's like to be at the mercy of someone else, but luckily, I met someone who keeps my best interests at heart. Come on, I'll introduce you to her. She's harmless, unless you're on her bad side, but that's not gonna be a problem for you."

Krissy nodded, although she was still clearly afraid. Beth took her hand and led her out of Karen's den of nightmares. They found Pam finishing her spell to bind Karen, and Krissy froze at the sight before her. "You removed your helmet," Pam remarked as she stood up, "Are you sure that's wise, Kitten?"

"She's scared, Pam, and I've got a reputation," Beth replied, turning back to Krissy, "Krissy, this is Pam. She's the one I was telling you about. Mistress turned girlfriend."

"Still your mistress," Pam pointed out, stepping over Karen to approach Krissy, "Come here, girl. Don't be afraid, I'm not going to hurt you."
"Trust her," Beth assured Krissy.
Krissy swallowed as she stepped forward. Pam gently raised a hand and touched Krissy's head. Her hair was matted and filthy, but she'd clearly been mistreated before today. "You're scared," Pam said, her hand starting to glow, "Understandable, given your situation. At the mercy of that monster, and now two strangers come in talking about things you don't fully understand. It's okay, though, you're safe now. Breathe, dear, try to take deep breaths."

Beth watched as Pam worked to calm the terrified girl down. Krissy nodded and closed her eyes as she tried to regulate her breathing. Beth knew what Pam was doing, but she'd never seen it from the outside in. Pam had referred to it as transference, and she'd used it multiple times throughout their relationship. Most recently had been during their bouts against Courtney. Slowly, Krissy started to relax as Pam's magic took effect. It still amazed Beth what Pam could do with her powers. She'd seen her decimate an entire town, rip memories from people, and yet she could bring such tender comfort when she wanted to.

Krissy opened her eyes as Pam removed her hand and took a step back. "Wow," Krissy sighed, "What was that?"

"It's difficult to explain, but think of it as mental reassurance," Pam replied, "That's better. My name is Pam, and you've already met my little pet and girlfriend."

"Yeah, as nice as this is, we really need to move out," Beth said, "Krissy, I've got an idea on somewhere you can stay that should be safe, but it might not be ideal given what you've already been through."

"The Eclipse," Pam nodded, "It's a BDSM club, dear, but the men and women there are professionals."
"What's that acronym that you use?" Beth asked, "SSC, or something like that? Anyway, it means they won't do anything to you unless you agree to it. We call them, tell them we've got someone who needs a safe place until things quiet down again, and they'll keep you from getting into any trouble."

"Safe, sane, and consensual, Kitten," Pam clarified for both girls, "It's up to you, Krissy, but I can guarantee your safety if you go there."
"They won't make me do anything?" Krissy asked, not sure about the idea of hanging out at a club.
"They try, and they'll get my boot in their ass," Beth said, "I might be a sub, but I'll kick someone's ass for trying anything against someone's will."
"Okay," Krissy said, "As long as you can promise to come back for me."
"We will, I swear," Pam assured her, "Kitten, call the club, and then call Zoey to let her know Karen has been handled."

"On it," Beth said, grabbing her phone and stepping away.
Krissy shifted awkwardly as she was left alone with Pam for a moment. "So, you're dating the Feral, and she, like, does whatever you say?"
"Most of the time, yes," Pam smiled, "She and I have a healthier relationship than what the criminals in this city portray our lifestyle to be like. I keep her safe, secure, grounded, and she takes joy in being able to let go of herself and control while we are alone. I don't run her life, and there are still times where we fight, but we love one another. There's freedom in submission, dear, but only if you choose it for yourself."

Krissy nodded, not fully understanding what Pam meant, but not wanting to get into a philosophical debate. "What are you going to do with her?" Krissy asked, looking down at Karen.
"I'm not going to do anything," Pam replied, "My lovely little pet is going to extract some information and ensure that she knows what fear is. The very same fear that you felt only moments ago."

"Good," Krissy said, glaring at Karen's unconscious body, "I want her to suffer."
"Your wish will soon be granted," Pam said, "I would ask, Krissy, that you keep what you've seen here to yourself. What we do only works if our identities remain a secret. Can I trust you to do this?"

"I won't say anything to anyone, I swear," Krissy replied, "I didn't agree with what that Myers lady was saying about vigilantes being a problem."
Pam studied her closely for a moment, and she monitored her emotions carefully. There was no deceit coming from the frightened young woman, not that she could sense. "Good girl," Pam smiled, "Your silence means the world to both of us."

"Alright, all set," Beth came back into the room, "The Eclipse agreed to keep her safe, and they've got a private room for you, Krissy. Zoey is back at the station, and she's handling business on her end to try to locate our missing person. Fingers crossed, this will all be over soon."
"Then let's not delay," Pam said with a nod, "I'll take Krissy and come back for you and Karen. She's retrained, so you won't have to worry about her getting away."

"Palaysis glyph?" Beth asked, noting the purple mark glowing on Karen's thigh.

"Yes, but I'll remove it once we have her secured somewhere else so you can work properly," Pam said before turning to Krissy, "Come along, girl, and brace yourself."

"Teleporting with her is rough the first dozen times," Beth explained when Krissy looked nervous, "It'll be over quickly, but it's not for the faint of heart. It's safe, though, so you'll be alright."

"O-okay," Krissy said, taking Pam's hand, "Thank you, both of you, for helping me."
"It's what we do," Beth shrugged, "Just promise me you'll be careful. I'll check in with you once this is finished, I swear."

Beth watched as Pam started her teleportation spell, and she saw Krissy's face turn to panic as the darkness crept in. It was always scary the first time, but she knew that she'd be okay. That was one less thing to have to worry about. Now, she just needed to deal with Karen, find Sam, free Jake, and stop Meg Myers. A lofty list of goals, but one that she felt confident they could accomplish in one more day. She just hoped that Jake could survive long enough, and that Alexis was almost ready with her plan. She took a seat on the couch and waited for Pam to return. Beth kept her eyes on Karen as she sat back. She was going to enjoy her time with the sadistic detective when it finally came.


—---------------------
Elsewhere, deep beneath the heart of Metropolis, Alexis hummed to herself as she worked. She'd been busy since she'd sent Miri off to cause some mischief, and she couldn't have been more proud of her protégé. She'd done exactly as she'd been instructed, and she had no doubt that Jake was safely in her hands now. A large explosive sat before her alongside copious tools and other random items. She was going to blow the walls of the prison wide open, but first she was going to speak with her old friend. Amelia knew that Jake was off limits, but she'd deliberately chosen to break their bond. Quite frankly, Alexis was hurt by the betrayal. That hurt bled into anger, and that anger quickly turned to rage.

"Duchess is going to get the wrath of Footgirl~," she sung to herself, "Wait, I don't have a rhyme for that…fuck! Ah well, it's not like there's anyone in here anyways."

She smiled at herself as she thought about her master plan. Anyone could stage a breakout, or even a break-in, but she wasn't just anyone. Alexis Hamilton was the greatest mastermind the city had ever seen! It was time to remind the peons that she was still someone that shouldn't be messed with. What better way to do that than a show? Courtney Tellar had all but upstaged her with her rousing speeches, nefarious schemes, and dastardly tactics, but she was still the original. She respected the corpse girl for her charisma, but nobody stole her spotlight!

"Let's see," she mused to herself, "Damn, this needs to rest for another day. Ugh, I detest waiting! It'll be okay, it'll be fine, I'm sure Miri is taking good care of Jake. Assuming she remembers why she's there, but she's a good little girl. I suppose I should work on the lights while I wait. Wouldn't want anyone in the old jailhouse to feel left out, would we?!"
Alexis laughed to herself as she slid her chair over to her computer. Admittedly, it was difficult to work on a cracked screen, but she'd done more with less. She could read between the lines, literally, as she looked at the electrical grid for the prison. A few minor tweaks, a timer here, and some adjustments to the loudspeakers would make her arrival all the more special. Tomorrow, just as soon as her explosives were finished, she was going to put on a show that nobody would ever forget. It was going to be glorious. She just had to hope that Beth and Pam could handle whatever was happening in the background.
"This patrol forty-five, over," Alexis' police scanner went off behind her, "We've got trouble at Central Station. We've got a kid, can't be more than sixteen, in custody after assaulting someone who refused to sign his petition."

"Copy that, patrol," dispatch replied, "Orders from Mayor Myers are to bring them to the detention center."
"Copy that," the patrolman replied.
"What are you up to, Myers?" Alexis asked aloud, "Oh, this is going to be one hell of a party, I can already tell!"
Alexis giggled to herself as she pondered on just what was happening. She knew Myers was up to something, but she didn't have a clue what it could be. However, she knew enough about the judicial system to know that whatever was happening wasn't standard procedure for processing. Whoever was pretending to be Myers was cooking something up, and there was a part of her that was excited to see whatever it was. Chaos and carnage were two of her favorite things, and this was shaping up to be quite the chaotic climax. She couldn't wait to see how it played out, and she just hoped that she wouldn't miss out on all the fun while breaking Jake out of prison.
© Copyright 2023 Raven (UN: awesomeone1427 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Raven has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1047397-Chapter-11