*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
5
11
12
19
20
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1047804-April-8
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#1047804 added April 8, 2023 at 10:52am
Restrictions: None
April 8
Prompt: “A gush of bird-song, a patter of dew, A cloud, and a rainbow's warning, Suddenly sunshine and perfect blue– An April day in the morning.”


----------


Where I am, this April morning is humid and hot. The kind of exquisite mornings the quote hints at, I said goodbye to those in February.

Although, at this time on 10:36 in the morning--according to the time on my laptop--I still have the doors and windows open, to air the house, and in another half-hour to an hour, I'll have to close everything and turn on the AC, since it is very humid today and the temp may hit high 80s or even a 90 something.

Yet, I remember April mornings of long ago in LI, NY, when we lived with our children in a house with a two-acre yard filled with oak trees and bird songs and perfect blue skies. But life goes on. Now my grown-up children have their own homes and lives, and I am left here by myself, although nothing's too bad, and I can't complain of the weather since the warmer climate is good for arthritis and its co-dwellers in my body.

So, I may go out on the porch in a little while and expose my knees to the direct beams of the sun to get the best kind of vitamin D3.





© Copyright 2023 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1047804-April-8