*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1047889-April-2023--Best-Road-Trip-or-Vacation
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: ASR · Book · Writing · #2288868
This is a bit of working with the prompts that are from the "Happy Anniversary" calendar.
#1047889 added April 9, 2023 at 1:43pm
Restrictions: None
April 2023 — Best Road Trip or Vacation
There's a few different trips to consider... There's the trip to Finland, and some of the stuff there... There's the trip to Japan... And then there's been some local trips (local as in starting from home and then heading some place) that have been interesting.

All of these are long enough ago, that they maybe aren't that clear in the memory. I did a bus trip from South Eastern BC to Eastern Ontario (Southern Ontario), which was really memorable. The trip feels very much "not best" because the problems far outweigh the good stuff that *actually* happened... But in a lot of ways even though it kind of was terrible, there's some really cool things about it... It was at least the second time on a bus trip, that people have had to deal with the bus breaking down, and how *lots* of people seem to be "not at all cool with the trip changing on them."

And that always has (when I've seen it with bus trips) been strange that people would take the *bus* and think it will behave exactly as advertised... Like you take the bus for the *adventure* n'est pas? I'd think so. I mean, I also take it to get somewhere. And never has it failed on the "get somewhere" thing. It does get me where I'm going. Sometimes with more pain than I'm comfortable with (physical pain sometimes, but mostly frustration with unexpected potential long delays where I don't really know what to do about them "calmly" (12 hours in the Toronto bus station does *not* seem fun). It may have only been something like 10 hours ... But that was when I would catch the next scheduled bus, so yeah I wasn't happy.

I don't know... It's a story to tell, and maybe some time I'll try to set it down as a real story. It'll not be accurate. But I don't know... Does that matter?

© Copyright 2023 Jigme Datse (UN: jigmedatse at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jigme Datse has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1047889-April-2023--Best-Road-Trip-or-Vacation