*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1048000-Dead-silence
by NelY
Rated: E · Book · Writing · #2292262
... where my muse goes for 2023 ...
#1048000 added April 11, 2023 at 1:41am
Restrictions: None
Dead silence.
I stepped into the living room of our house and saw my mother seated there, staring at the still image on the screen of the television box we had. She has the ability to shock me on a regular basis. It was really late, and I needed to put in some more hours in order to finish everything for tonight. They are not the same as the ones that were spotted the prior week. I got up and walked over to the television, where I turned it off. "It's getting late in the night. Permit me to assist you in getting ready for bed." I picked her up from where she was sitting on the two-seat sofa and carried her to the top of the stairs leading to her bedroom. Put her down and gently pull her in so that she is comfortable. She did not utter a single word the entire time. Even before this, she had always engaged in that behaviour. She is as mute as a tombstone and shows no signs of life. From the time I was a child growing up with her until the present day, she has never shown any warmth or interest in me. I hoped she would. "Good night." And I departed, leaving her to lie in peace.

© Copyright 2023 NelY (UN: nely at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
NelY has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1048000-Dead-silence