*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1048138-TUYC---on-Controversy
Rated: 13+ · Book · Writing · #2278909
Just things that I think about now and then.
#1048138 added April 13, 2023 at 9:48am
Restrictions: None
TUYC - on Controversy
prayer prompt
Pray for the wellbeing of your enemies.

blog prompt
What do you believe is the most controversial subject in Christianity today? Why?



Oh heavens! There have been many over the years...anything from some priests in the Catholic Church, to the disgrace of some televangelists - Now I've heard of wrongdoing with Hillsong? Then again with the church, or maybe it was Hobby Lobby on not offering abortion pills as part of their healthcare package...

As long as there is a "human condition" there will be news that is unfavorable. I don't listen a whole lot of news, as it is depressing enough. And scandal certainly gets its 15 minutes of fame, until something else comes along. It is sad, and discouraging...but like I've been told: "You don't throw the baby out with the bathwater".

The church isn't perfect, and if people expect perfection, then they aren't being realistic - or honest with themselves. We are in a fallen world. Sure, the church is supposed to be a shelter from these things; for the most part they are...but we have to remember that people are human, and will make mistakes. Some accidentally, and unfortunately, some deliberately. That is why prayer is so necessary. Along with being part of the solution. We won't get total deliverance until Jesus comes back.

My opinion about it.



signature updated by lili_in_fl



© Copyright 2023 AmyJo- only 2 steps behind - (UN: ajar0627 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
AmyJo- only 2 steps behind - has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1048138-TUYC---on-Controversy