*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1048263-Entry-7-of-the-April-2023-Contest
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Book · Comedy · #2293245
The ongoing Blog for Andre the Blog Monkey and the Banana Bar
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#1048263 added April 15, 2023 at 8:38pm
Restrictions: None
Entry #7 of the April 2023 Contest


W/C 192 Rated 'E'
P13. Should education start to require learning a second language?

When I was in high school, many years ago, I took college prep courses. That was the harder route, as I fully expected to one day go to college.

I took two years of Latin and two years of Spanish.

Now, if you take Latin, you can bluff your way through a lot of Spanish and French. They’re called the Romance languages for a reason. They are based on Latin, the language of the Romans.

Latin helped me when I was in the medical assisting field.

So I do think everyone should be taught English and another language. Spanish would be a good choice. Learn it when you’re young. It’s easier then.

We here in America are handicapped, in my opinion, by not knowing more than one language. People in other countries, especially those in Europe, speak several languages.

To keep up with the rest of the world I definitely feel we should start teaching another language in our schools. Stop being lazy and just do it. Quit teaching to the ‘tests’ and expect more from the students. Many are smarter than you think, they just haven’t been challenged yet.

















new signature 2021



Quill Finalist Logo 2022.
Quill Nominee Signature 2022

Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.

© Copyright 2023 QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham (UN: normajeantrent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1048263-Entry-7-of-the-April-2023-Contest