*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1048539-hot-coffee-patina-poem
Rated: E · Book · Cultural · #2287156
poems for Poetry Place
#1048539 added April 21, 2023 at 6:23am
Restrictions: None
hot coffee patina poem

Hot Coffee
Dark delicious drink
Heaven in a cup

The Patina is a three-line stanza form devised by Pat Nelson at Writing.com.

The first line consists of two words, an adjective and a noun.

The second line has two adjectives and a noun expanding the image in line 1, using alliteration ( https://literarydevices.net/alliteration/ ).

Definition of Alliteration
Alliteration is a literary device that reflects repetition in two or more nearby words of initial consonant sounds. Alliteration does not refer to the repetition of consonant letters that begin words, but rather the repetition of the consonant sound at the beginning of words. For example, the phrase “kids’ coats” is alliterative; though the words begin with different consonant letters, they produce the same consonant sounds. Similarly, the phrase “phony people” is not alliterative; though both words begin with the same consonant, the initial consonant sounds are different. In addition, for alliteration to be effective, alliterative words should flow in quick succession. If there are too many non-alliterative words in between, then the literary device is not purposeful.


The third line contains four words which wrap up the meaning of the first two lines, as described and demonstrated in the following link: https://www.poetrymagnumopus.com/topic/1100-didactic-cinquain-or-recipe-poem-and...


Stanzaic, written in any number of tercets.
Measured in words rather than metric feet or syllables.
L1 two words an adjective and a noun.
L2 two adjectives and a noun expanding the image in l1. These 3 words should be alliterated, begin with same letter.
L3 four words that explain the meaning of the image or theme.
Unrhymed.
Titled.

© Copyright 2023 JCosmos (UN: jcosmos at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
JCosmos has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1048539-hot-coffee-patina-poem