*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1048586-Doing-unto-others
Rated: 13+ · Book · Writing · #2278909
Just things that I think about now and then.
#1048586 added April 22, 2023 at 12:45am
Restrictions: None
Doing unto others
prayer prompt
Pray for the Russian Prime Minister.

blog prompt
Why does the Bible tell us to pray for our enemies and to do good to those who spitefully use us?



Luke 6:27-36

27 “But to you who are listening I say: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, 28 bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. 29 If someone slaps you on one cheek, turn to them the other also. If someone takes your coat, do not withhold your shirt from them. 30 Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, do not demand it back. 31 Do to others as you would have them do to you.

32 “If you love those who love you, what credit is that to you? Even sinners love those who love them. 33 And if you do good to those who are good to you, what credit is that to you? Even sinners do that. 34 And if you lend to those from whom you expect repayment, what credit is that to you? Even sinners lend to sinners, expecting to be repaid in full. 35 But love your enemies, do good to them, and lend to them without expecting to get anything back. Then your reward will be great, and you will be children of the Most High, because he is kind to the ungrateful and wicked. 36 Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful.

 


If we only love and pray for those who love us, we are not fulfilling the Great Commission. We would be no better than the Pharisees. Only by loving and praying for those who couldn't care less, are we showing God's love for those. He loved us when we were sinners; we should take His example to heart.

Just my thoughts on this.










signature updated by lili_in_fl

© Copyright 2023 AmyJo- only 2 steps behind - (UN: ajar0627 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
AmyJo- only 2 steps behind - has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1048586-Doing-unto-others