*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1048631-Dino-Day
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #2198921
Norma's Wanderings around a small section of Montana
#1048631 added April 22, 2023 at 10:49pm
Restrictions: None
Dino Day!


Finally, I made my presentation to the Dino Trail members. I can mark that off my list now. God gave me the words to say, I am sure of that.

But of course, they had questions. Do we own the specimens that are now in the dinosaur building? Do you have an agreement with the person now digging up specimens in your area? How long will he be doing this? Do you ...? Will you ...? Have you ...? Why don't you...?

Well, I think most everyone on this site knows I am not a paleontologist. I don't have a degree in science. I can maybe tell you a few of the prehistoric eras. I know a few dinosaurs.

So now I am hobnobbing with scientists and paleo people that have doctoral degrees in this field. There is a steep learning curve ahead, I fear.

Here are two museums on the Dino Trail that are going to help us:
https://museumoftherockies.org
https://cartercountymuseum.org

Carter County Museum is in the town of Ekalaka, population 444.
Museum of the Rockies in the town of Bozeman, population 118,00 +

Two more different areas you cannot find in Montana. But my friend Sabre Moore and her fiance Nathan Carroll live in Ekalaka, both went to school in Bozeman, Montana State. And both have their doctorate degrees. And now I have 4 new friends at the Museum of the Rockies that want to help our museum, also with doctorates.

But you know what? I do so love a challenge. And this is a big one! Fun times ahead!

© Copyright 2023 QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham (UN: normajeantrent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1048631-Dino-Day