*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1048649-Alone
by NelY
Rated: E · Book · Writing · #2292262
... where my muse goes for 2023 ...
#1048649 added April 23, 2023 at 11:09am
Restrictions: None
Alone.
Whenever Koe delves into the pages of a book or stumbles upon a sublime sentence, it never fails to vex her that she is not penning her own words. It's not that Koe lacks the ability to conjure up such magnificent phrases or sentences, but rather that she finds herself simply stringing words together in order to form coherent thoughts. She spilled forth the contents of her mind without restraint or hesitation until her spirit soars like a lark, singing its own sweet melodies. It is not within the nature of birds to assume that we, or perhaps only she, hold any admiration for their melodic tunes or vocalisations. Every morning, Koe could hear their voices singing in unison from behind the tight curtain of her bedroom. Perhaps they would cease their singing if they were aware of Koe's presence. Not every writer desires to be noticed. There are certain writers who are at their most productive when they are in solitude, existing within a realm entirely of their own creation. They say that writing for others may not be a lonely pursuit, but in truth, being alone is what we writers do best. Koe finds solace in the company of her own thoughts, for she is never truly alone when she is with herself.

“Writing is alone, but I don't think it's lonely. Ask any writer if they feel lonely when they're writing their book, and I think they'll say no.” - Margaret Atwood

© Copyright 2023 NelY (UN: nely at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
NelY has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1048649-Alone