*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1048711-TUYC---Why-do-I-believe
Rated: 13+ · Book · Writing · #2278909
Just things that I think about now and then.
#1048711 added April 24, 2023 at 4:55pm
Restrictions: None
TUYC - Why do I believe?
Prayer prompt
Pray for your hospitals and staff members.

blog prompt:
Why do you continue to practice your religion and continue to believe what you believe?


 


1st Peter 3:15 states: "But in your hearts revere Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect," (NIV)

I accepted Christ as my Savior when I was 15 years old. It was at school during a FCA (Fellowship of Christian Athletes) meeting. I wanted out of class that day, so I went. I don't even remember the message, but I felt as though God were speaking to me, so I accepted this gift.

I went home and told my family - they were less than enthused. I also felt that I needed to break up with my boyfriend at the time, as he was not a Christian. I found a church that a friend attended, so I went with them on Sundays. It has been quite a ride, to tell the truth. Extremes in belief, bouts of unbelief, anger at God, and at others, and especially myself. Coming back to God, and realizing just how much that I need Him in my life. It is God's grace and mercy alone that I'm still even here. My belief is somewhat personal to me. I used to get in peoples' faces and try to drag them to the cross and to have belief. Now, I understand it is letting my light shine, and prayer. I share if people ask, and I try my best to encourage others in their walks, and in general. It is not my job to drag others to Christ. it is only my job to show them the way. I try very hard not to judge - and sometimes that is still hard for me. I just know what I know in my own heart. I can show scripture, and make a "case" for Christ; but it is up to God to bring in the harvest. I am far from perfect, obviously, LOL, but again, it is not my job to be perfect, it is my job to trust and obey.

Just my two cents' worth *Coins*

For further discussion

https://www.focusonthefamily.com/family-qa/reasons-to-believe-in-god/











signature updated by lili_in_fl

© Copyright 2023 AmyJo- only 2 steps behind - (UN: ajar0627 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
AmyJo- only 2 steps behind - has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1048711-TUYC---Why-do-I-believe