*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1049120-Outer-Limits
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1196512
Not for the faint of art.
#1049120 added May 2, 2023 at 12:44am
Restrictions: None
Outer Limits
One more travel update before I get back to what passes for normal.

Yesterday's random destination was out in the Atlantic. That's okay; I knew it was a possibility and planned what I would do: Find the point on the shore along the line pointing to the destination and go there.

This, fortuitously, ended up depositing me on the Outer Banks, in the town of Corolla, one of my favorite places to visit. I haven't been here far too long, several years at least. After a few days of seeing new things, it's nice to see an old haunt, to feel the coastal winds, smell the seaweed, and hear the ocean waves crashing against the ever-shifting sands. Oh, and dine on some excellent seafood. There are no breweries in this vicinity, not yet; I saw one in the process of being constructed, like witnessing Creation itself.

It's not like I haven't been near the ocean recently—the Pacific last February/March, and the Jersey shore a couple of times since then—but I don't get tired of it.

I would get tired of it if I lived around here, I know. Too ephemeral, too storm-prone. I'm just happy to visit.

It's nearly 1 am now, and I think I'm going to venture out into the darkness to see if I can look at the stars.

© Copyright 2023 Robert Waltz (UN: cathartes02 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Robert Waltz has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1049120-Outer-Limits