*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1049369-Office-Magick-300-words
Rated: 13+ · Book · LGBTQ+ · #2295313
Entries for Arakun's flash fiction prompt contests
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#1049369 added May 8, 2023 at 10:47pm
Restrictions: None
Office Magick [300 words]
“What are you doing?” Seth glanced over the cubicle wall between his desk and Andrew’s, taking in the FarSide calendar and the banana in its usual place beside the cup of coffee and the crumb-coated donut. Morning break was a ritual for his colleague, complete with ten minutes of Celtic music—on low, thank God. That much neurotic organization was sort of cute. It paid off when Andrew led a project, though.

Not usual was the small plate with two tealights—one red and one blue, both with carvings Seth couldn’t make out clearly—centered on a paper decorated with a 5-point star. At each point sat a rock.

Andrew didn’t look up from writing on another slip of paper with a red pen. “Just messing around.” One dark curl fell over the rim of his glasses, an errant soldier in the riot of waves that regularly cascaded back and settled into formation just below Andrew’s collar.

“What’s with the rocks?”

Andrew folded the paper, then set it on the plate. He pointed to each rock in turn. “Chrysocolla, for speaking your mind. Azurite for clarity. Citrine for confidence. Ruby stimulates sensuality. And Red Tiger Eye for passion.”

Seth blinked. “A love spell? Seriously?”

“Why not?” Now the warm blue-gold eyes met his. “Though it only works if both souls are okay with it.”

“You’ll set off the smoke alarms.” Seth wondered who else— who Andrew wanted for that second soul.

Andrew grinned. “Nah, these are too small.” Lighting the candles, he held the slip of paper to the flame before letting it burn on the plate. Then he reached up and grasped Seth’s hand where it rested on the cubicle wall. “Shall we see if it works?”

His meaning hit Seth like a bulldozer.

Seth squeezed. “It already has.”
© Copyright 2023 Terry Wylis (UN: terrywylis at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Terry Wylis has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1049369-Office-Magick-300-words