*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1049522-Parties-Are-What-Guest-Make-Them
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#1049522 added May 12, 2023 at 10:31am
Restrictions: None
Parties Are What Guest Make Them
Party to honor the Basement Guy.

Merit Badge in The Blogging Banana Bar
[Click For More Info]

    Congratulations & Thank You   

  from       Andre      

For competing the full four weeks of the Non-Judgmental Blogging Event in January 2023. 

Please show your badge when entering the Banana Bar and join others in the  Banana Bloggers' Lounge .

 Your blogging is always welcome at  [Link To Item #1985857] .  signature dancing owl

I don't as a rule build parties anymore. Maybe I should.

If I did: I realize you want to include the venue as the Banana Bar, so I arranged for an alien ship to pick up the Banana Bar and set it down in our front yard. Just for the party. Then the aliens promised to set it back in its proper spot after everyone goes home. We live in the country so no one but the bears, deer and such will notice. Hmm. Maybe the neighbors will notice. They watch us a lot.

First: we should get the Basement Guy out of the basement. So, the party would start about 5 o'clock p.m.

Second: I would have it outside in our yard. Lots of space there. It would be a scavenger hunt.

Third: We would have a scene like a figure 8: Two circles of chairs with food tables setup between the circles.

Food tables would be laden with salads, casseroles, breads, condiments, desserts, whatever we can round up or guests would like to contribute. A setup for cooking burgers, hot dogs, and vegetables will be cooking on the grill.

Guests would be handed the first search for the scavenger hunt as they arrive. They can hunt or just visit, gab, and eat. Children and pets and monkeys all are welcome. You have to keep them under control. If I can find a band with a guitarist for background music I will.

The scavenger hunt will not send everyone to the same spot to begin. Some of the things to find will be small prizes: pens, writing pads, fancy bookmarks, candy bars, whatever I can think to provide. Each beginning clue will provide a list of clues. If you find objects not on your list leave them for someone else's list. We have a lot of space so it could take a while to follow the clues. I will keep it on this side of the pond, so no one gets wet.

Any small prize wrapped in paper and marked surprise is to be given to the Basement Guy. Come to the party, Hunt, sit and gab, eat and be merry. If I can find the right band maybe, they will take requests and we can have sing along.

Maybe if the Basement Guy is not too shy, we can get him to make a speech and tell us why he is always in the basement. And more about the mysteries of the basement. Guests should bring their own stories about basement adventures, that is if you actually ever went down there.

Suggestions for more ideas for this party are welcome.

All word count on WDC: 350

© Copyright 2023 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1049522-Parties-Are-What-Guest-Make-Them