*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
5
11
12
19
20
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1049634-AI-Is-It-a-Friend-or-a-Foe
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#1049634 added May 15, 2023 at 12:51pm
Restrictions: None
AI: Is It a Friend or a Foe?
Prompt: AI
What are your thoughts on AI? Should we rejoice or should we be afraid of it?


------------

I asked this question because I am not sure of the answers myself. Come to think of it, no one is, considering that some of the founders of AI (from Google) have resigned, and they are afraid of it.

Then, too much power is always a frightening concept to swallow and people have been frightened at the onset of almost every new discovery. It is our human frailty or our defense, if you will, to be afraid of things we can't fully comprehend.

Then, my take is, how should we treat something we are not too sure of. From a distance or by getting closer to it? I am guessing, and only guessing, that learning more about it shouldn't be too risky. Anyway, AI is either at the door or it is coming in, once its childhood is over.

Thus, taking advice from the saying, "If you can't beat them, join'em" I accepted NewsGPT to send me its news. NewsGPT is AI generated news and they have a website: newsgpt.AI

When you look at it, it isn't .com or .edu or .org. It is an entity all by itself. It is .AI and its news is straight with no ads, cut and dry. Very dry, in fact. And nothing like the regular news we are so used to.

This made me think that the writing professions had to be AI's first target. Any writing by a person somehow feels warmer, more human. And who says AI is human! It is a machine. A machine liable to take over the writing industry. And maybe it may just learn to be more human than we are. Aren't you still threatened?

For that reason alone, we need to get to know it better. So we can survive together with AI.

Having said that, I have never used the ChatGPT. I am not much of a chatter and I don't know what it entails, but the AI news I can read and not participate. In short, I am treating it with kid gloves.

Plus, I don't know about the other areas of life that AI may stick its nose in; however, it is coming and we better know what we are doing with it.



.

© Copyright 2023 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1049634-AI-Is-It-a-Friend-or-a-Foe