*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1049699-Lives-to-believe
by NelY
Rated: E · Book · Writing · #2292262
... where my muse goes for 2023 ...
#1049699 added May 17, 2023 at 3:02am
Restrictions: None
Lives to believe.
         I bumbled into my chamber, oozing with perplexity and yearning for a fix to my predicament. I was just jonesin' for a fix to keep my head straight. Just like any other fella, I can't help but notice 'em, those jolly birds chirpin' away to their own tune, wherever I roam, all 'round the city. I'm a shattered soul on a never-ending journey towards wholeness. I aim to transcend my being each day and evolve into a more admirable manifestation of myself than the previous day. Better? Do I think I'm feeling any better today? The news kept blaring about how we're living in better times, but I couldn't feel any improvement in my soul. The media of today just spout off to make a buck or get the boot. They say what they've gotta say, and that's that. God's voice? My peepers roam the pad with a touch of doubt, and lo and behold, resting on the end table adjacent to my chill, ancient, soggy divan in this shack: my quill and parchment. Oh, my sweet dream of an addict, lost in his own world, a land of make-believe where he lives to believe and won't wake up anytime soon.

© Copyright 2023 NelY (UN: nely at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
NelY has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1049699-Lives-to-believe