*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1050002-grind-on-this-MV
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(116)
Rated: 18+ · Book · Spiritual · #1149750
10k views, 2x BestPoetryCollection. A nothing from nowhere cast words to a world wide wind
#1050002 added March 27, 2024 at 12:49am
Restrictions: None
grind on this (MV)
intoxicated
bad breath
repulsive words bubble on red lips
behavior like lust
wanton and ignorantly dressed
selfish to think
you can grind on this

in perfume saturate
sober words could ingratiate
if not stale --
scripted to death

eely eyes can't disguise
looking directly at mine



inebriated
broken hearted
I stumbled into your flesh
behavior like lust
never intended to be mated

selfish to think
someone would grind on this

sober words braved
reveal a soul devoid
of any hope to meet eyes
as blue as mine.


5.23.23

Yeah, I said it. What, what?
Please don't hate. It shows original intent, and psychotic


Grind On This is a raw and evocative poem that delves into themes of intoxication, lust, and self-reflection. The poem's style is concise and direct, using vivid imagery and stark language to convey its message.

The poem begins with the word "intoxicated," immediately setting the tone for the reader. This word choice serves as a metaphor for the emotional state of the speaker, suggesting a lack of control or inhibition. The use of "bad breath" and "repulsive words" creates a visceral image, making the reader feel the discomfort and unease of the situation.

One notable poetic device in the poem is the repetition of the phrase "behavior like lust," emphasizing the reckless and impulsive nature of the speaker's actions. This repetition reinforces the theme of self-indulgence and the consequences of such behavior. The poem's brevity adds to its impact, as each line carries weight and significance.

The theme of selfishness and the consequences of reckless actions is prominent throughout the poem. The speaker reflects on their own behavior and the realization that they were driven by selfish desires, as seen in the lines "selfish to think / you can grind on this" and "selfish to think / someone would grind on this." This self-awareness and admission of fault add depth to the poem's narrative.

The poem's ending, with the mention of "sober words braved" and the revelation of a soul "devoid / of any hope to meet eyes / as blue as mine," introduces a sense of regret and self-examination. It suggests that the speaker has gained insight into their actions and the emptiness of their pursuits. This shift in tone adds complexity to the poem's narrative and leaves the reader with a sense of introspection.

While Grind On This effectively conveys its message in its current form, there are a few suggestions that might enhance the poem:


Sooo…suck on that??


© Copyright 2024 He’s Brian K Compton (UN: ripglaedr3 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
He’s Brian K Compton has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1050002-grind-on-this-MV