*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
5
11
12
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1050311-Falling-Stars
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#1050311 added May 31, 2023 at 8:47am
Restrictions: None
Falling Stars
Prompt: Have you ever seen a falling star? Did you make a wish? Write about this in your Blog entry today.


----------------------


Yes, I saw those a couple of times but then, I'm so earthbound that I hardly lift my head to look at the heavens. Definitely, those falling stars have captivated the imaginations and sparked desires to make wishes upon their celestial trails.

Yet, they are not stars, at all, but tiny specks of dust or debris entering our atmosphere and burning up. If I am not mistaken they are called meteoroids.

As to my making a wish, it didn't even come to me to make one, but then, most of my reactions are after the fact, highlighted with words and thoughts that usually start with, "I wish I had..." "I wish I did..." "I wish I was..." etc.

If I had made a wish then, I would probably feel connected not only to the cosmos but also to the people and everything else around me. But no, usually I am so stunned that my reactions suffer. Still, whether I make a wish upon a falling star or not, I think of the universe as one of beauty and awe.



.

© Copyright 2023 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1050311-Falling-Stars